Godin Multiuke-Koa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, never seen Spruce like that!

Let's get this sold! Any offers?

Teri

I just this morning got reply from Godin about low G, THEY said the Low G would not be great & did not recommend any strings for it because I am looking at two of them but NO LOW G would change it fort me

I just this morning got reply from Godin about low G, THEY said the Low G would not be great & did not recommend any strings for it because I am looking at two of them but NO LOW G would change it fort me

I never listen listen to those "warning," I will test it myself and make my own determination. The Multiuke I bought here a couple of years ago had a low G string and it sounded fine, but I prefer high G re-entrant and changed them.

Private messages aren't working. Interested parties please email me at terizipf at gmail.

I had the cedar top model of this instrument for almost two years. I switched it over to low G almost immediately and never had a moments trouble. I used a Fremont soloist wound low G string, it worked great acoustically and plugged in. I also used Thomastik Enfield CF30 wound with no issues. The person I sold it to performs live on stage with it in low G with no problems.

I had the cedar top model of this instrument for almost two years. I switched it over to low G almost immediately and never had a moments trouble. I used a Fremont soloist wound low G string, it worked great acoustically and plugged in. I also used Thomastik Enfield CF30 wound with no issues. The person I sold it to performs live on stage with it in low G with no problems.

Thanks, that's good to know.

That is beautiful Koa. Much nicer than the new ones have. They charged $125 more for the koa top back when I bought my "Natural" cedar model.

The last time I saw a listing for a new one at a uke store, they were selling for $1000 USD plus. But I see that some cedar top ones are offered at $850 plus shipping. Saying they are discontinued.

These are great electric ukes. If you ever wanted one, this is an excellent way. If I didn't have one already I'd jump at this. Stop me before I do something silly!

That is beautiful Koa. Much nicer than the new ones have. They charged $125 more for the koa top back when I bought my "Natural" cedar model.

The last time I saw a listing for a new one at a uke store, they were selling for $1000 USD plus. But I see that some cedar top ones are offered at $850 plus shipping. Saying they are discontinued.

These are great electric ukes. If you ever wanted one, this is an excellent way. If I didn't have one already I'd jump at this. Stop me before I do something silly!

Thanks, Kenn. It really is beautiful. And your logic is impeccable!

These are really great electric ukes. That said, I know there has been discussion of whether or not these are solid koa tops, and they are not. I knew I had heard it previously and checked with Godin directly. I sent this message to info@godinguitars.com

Hello, I noticed on the Multiuke description, the cedar version says it has a solid cedar top, and the koa version says solid koa/cedar top... is the koa a laminate of koa and cedar, or is it truly a solid koa top? Thanks.

This is the response I received

The koa version has a thin koa veneer over a solid cedar top.

Thanks,

Michel B

Amazing instruments nonetheless, and worth the asking price and more! I like em so much I bought two! GLWTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom