Kamaka HF-3D2

valde002

Reaction score
I am on the hunt for a nice glossy dark Kamaka HF-3D2. I've seen some for sale in the past and regretfully did not shell out the cash to get one then. Prefer new so it'll be mine for my lifetime starting from scratch (or no scratch lol).

Anyone know where to get one? Looked on the Kamaka site, but not sure if I can custom order one as the link is inactive. GCEA Pua is out and has been for a long long time. Does anyone sell them (anymore). Any leads are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Ukecaster! Yes that is it, pretty aint she?? That one is sold. I contacted Kamaka and emailed them, though not sure they'll ever get back to me. I believe I have emailed them before with no success. Oh well, one can hope. In the meantime, I'll just twiddle my thumbs (on the uke of course) and be patient.

Have you tried contacting the Reverb seller, Ukulele Lab in Honolulu, to see if they have another one or know where to find one?

Penny Lane Emporium has 2 in stock. I’ve purchased from them before. They are a reputable company. I love those Kamaka HF-3D2i’s as well. Good luck!

Can anyone explain the nomenclature/naming convention of these ukes? I have a HF-3LDS and I assume the LDS means that I cannot partake of tobacco, alcohol, or hot drink if I want to attain the celestial level of heaven. However i am not so certain.

Here's the current naming conventions that I'm aware of.

HF-3LDS = Tenor, Long-Neck, Deluxe, Sitka Top

Body Type
HF = Standard figure 8
HB = Bell shape (Ohta San)
HP = Pineapple

Body Size
1 = Soprano / Pineapple
2 = Concert / Ohta San
3 = Tenor (36 for 6-Sring, 38 for 8-String)
4 = Baritone

Additional
L = Long Neck
D = Deluxe Model (Rope purfling)
D2 = Deluxe 2 (Abalone purfling)
D4 = Jake Blue Model
I = Ipuka (Slot Head)
C = Cedar Top
S = Sitka Spruce Top
-E = Electric Pickup

Top Bottom