Recommendations for Bluetooth over the ear headphones in the shop.

Ron Carter

Reaction score
I have tried corded ear buds and phone in my back pocket. Does not work for me. Intend to buy the subject headphones but have no guidance on what is a good product. The choices are overwhelming. I know enough to stay away from the low priced stuff but beyond that not a clue. anyone here have experience with these?

I have plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 and use them on my daily walk for about an hour where do an excellent job. Noise cancelling is also great for airplane travel. After about two years of daily use I wore out the ear cushions and they sent me replacements under warranty though it took forever. They have nice balanced sound without the annoying bass of hip hop headsets. They can be had for around Can$140 if you watch for deals, so much less than comparable Bose etc.

If I'm in the shop and not doing noisy stuff that requires ear protection I use a bluetooth speaker. I have an Amazon Echo slated to hook up so I can voice control play, pause, and volume.

If I need ear protection I wear 3M WorkTunes Connect headset: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N6XXCWM

Outside of the shop I like classic (not pro) air pods. They fit me better and more comfortably than other ear buds I've tried, and when I'm wandering about I like the situational awareness from the lack of a seal and noise cancelling.

Top Bottom