Wonkiness on forum? Anyone else?

Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
I’ve had this happen, now, five times with trying to post since I logged on today. I have to edit my post because it gets truncated (known issue that’s been going on for months), but now, I’m getting duplicate, even multiple posts when I attempt to correct the truncation issue by editing the post. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm seeing a few TCP connection timeouts with uke talk today.

Haven

Well - yes. I lost my whole post and joke about how I wanted to see if things went wrong. Steps to replicate: 1) add post. 2) edit post. 3) save. I’m on mobile Safari

Well - yes. I lost my whole post and joke about how I wanted to see if things went wrong. Steps to replicate: 1) add post. 2) edit post. 3) save. I

Is this only an Apple thing? I post from a Windows PC and an Android phone, and have never had these issues.
It's not specifically an Apple thing, but Apple browsers tend to be more aggressive about substituting smart quotes, and smart quotes are one of the characters that send UU into a tizzy.

Today there seems to be an additional problem - posts are taking a long time to process and timing out. I hit this on both Windows and Mac.

I'm seeing a few TCP connection timeouts with uke talk today.

It's not specifically an Apple thing, but Apple browsers tend to be more aggressive about substituting smart quotes, and smart quotes are one of the characters that send UU into a tizzy.

Today there seems to be an additional problem - posts are taking a long time to process and timing out. I hit this on both Windows and Mac.

I also encountered long pauses to post and time out. For a good while I didn't have any problems.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 38)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I've seen some times when things aren't running as fast as normal, I put it down to more users since the start of the Corona Virus problem, more people with time on their hands.

Posts consistently truncate if you use certain special characters like GBP or Euro signs. Even quotation marks can cause that sometimes. Double posts typically occur when you press the reply button more than once while the post is loading but a few days ago I experienced a double post simply by waiting for the post to load while it was taking really long. The forum has gone quite mad during the last half a year at least.

Top Bottom