Out into the Cold

20 what? Jerry ....I think you hit the apostrophe key again :)

No, the apostrophe doesn't make any difference.

I went outside in the cold to drill four holes in the oak tailpiece I'm making for my license plate uke. I wanted to drill them at an angle, and I needed a socket to tilt the base of my Skil drill press. It doesn't have a convenient knob to turn.

Oh, the things we can't forget !!
C = (F-32) * 5/9
One of those science formulae we had to learn off by heart in the days before nobody was allowed to fail.
-6.667 C . Well done Ken
Miguel

We do not get as many -40 days here as we used to (and to the people that say global warming is a hoax, hah!) but as a kid it was routine, especially at night. One year we did have -30 C or colder for 71 days, it was brutal. 20 F is -6, I went out in the garage and did some ripping of brace material a few years back at that temperature with a pair of shorts on. It wasn't bad except for the 'breeze' coming off the table saw. It is the wind chill that gets you. In dead air cold temperatures are more bearable.

We do not get as many -40 days here as we used to (and to the people that say global warming is a hoax, hah!) but as a kid it was routine, especially at night. One year we did have -30 C or colder for 71 days, it was brutal. 20 F is -6, I went out in the garage and did some ripping of brace material a few years back at that temperature with a pair of shorts on. It wasn't bad except for the 'breeze' coming off the table saw. It is the wind chill that gets you. In dead air cold temperatures are more bearable.

We've had -10 F here several times.

We've had -10 F here several times.

49 is my magic number. -49C on an expedition in Greenland, and 49C in Israel near the Dead Sea. I'm finding it difficult to decide which I liked the least.

Top Bottom