For sale: Kanilea Platinum Super-Concert w. dual pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoyWoy

Reaction score
This is a truly beautiful instrument to look at, to hold and to play. Purchased by me direct from Kanilea in 2017, factory-fitted dual pickup.
Super Concert (concert body, tenor neck).
Excellent condition. No flaws, no dings/scratches etc. meticulously cared for, humidified, non-smoker etc
Currently strung low G.
Includes hard case.
Downsizing my collection.
I paid US$2,680 plus $250 for pickup - asking only US$1,950.
I am in Australia, happy to post international at your expense.
Purchased direct from Kanilea in 2017, factory-fitted pickup.
4-String Super Concert

* Claro Walnut Back and Sides
* Torrefied Spruce Top
* Koa Wood Rosette with Black Trim
* Side sound port trimmed with Koa
* Trur Bracing – Triangles
* Top Black Binding
* Koa wood armrest
* Ebony Fret Board, Bridge and Headplate
* Kanilea Crown Stealth Headstock
* Koa Bound Ebony Headstock
* Koa Bound Fret Board
* Sand fret markers and logo
* Gloss body/satin neck
* Black stealth tuners
* Kanile`a Double Active pickup – Dual Source: undersaddle piezo with built-in mics to pick up acoustic sound; 6 volt (2 watch batteries); volume control and sound balance in the sound hole.
(From HMS, see link below - not the same individual instrument of course) The torrefied spruce top “was heat-treated in an oxygen-free kiln, making it highly resonant and extremely stable. It's as if the wood is pre-aged. It looks and sounds like wood that's been broken in for many years.
This is coupled with Claro Walnut. This wood for sides and back is known for it's balance and response. Breedlove described it this way. "Warm and earthy with the overtone depth of rosewood and the the clarity of mahogany. It works together with this special spruce perfectly. The new bracing from Kanile'a was introduced on this model . . . to offer stronger structural support with less weight. This super concert has a concert size body and fits into a concert case but it has a tenor scale length neck. This gives the roominess of a tenor neck and adds clarity and sustain to the sound.”

https://theukulelesite.com/kanile-a...o-walnut-super-concert-platinum-2017-s-3.html

Last edited:
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! The best Kanile'a Platinum so far I think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom