Season #465 ~ 2nd Chances

I'm getting that too Val, had a look on his channel and either the playlist hasn't been made yet or Kev hasn't made it public.

Nice wistful ballad recorded by Frank Sinatra,Bing Crosby and Tony Bennet et al

This is one I've wanted to do, and I think this theme gives me an excuse!

My Back Pages by Bob Dylan, as far as I can tell, sees Dylan reflecting on how he used to think he knew everything if only the world would listen, but is now rejecting that earlier idealism and wants to do something new. So, I think that counts under (1).

Or, given that this is Dylan, it might be about something else entirely. But I'm going to go with that interpretation, because that way it's Dylan telling us about his second chance :).

As a bonus, it took me two goes to upload this.

Thanks everyone for helping me sort out the playlist. I have never had to do anything other start a new one up in the past, but for some reason, this time it defaulted to private. That has been taken care of, and I am in the process now of getting caught up with adding the latest vids.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful submissions i've seen so far. It's great to see some regulars and even greater to see Jon and Bob get back into posting lately ~

homemade song for this week's main theme of second chances, inspired by 1974 dr who eppy, "invasion of the dinosaurs", where there is an attempt by a few rogue elite to go back in time to an unspoilt earth for a second chance at not mucking everything up (via importing dinosaurs from prehistory into modern london, to empty it of us mere plebs so we don't mess with the cunning plan)

So Kev, last video you complimented me on my less is more approach. This kinda goes the other way. One of those ones where I get an idea and just run with it.

This is one I half wanted to do for Brian's justice season, but again it's more of an injustice. It's probably my favourite song from the musical Hamilton

I had a reached to Del about doing this song for Brian Fergus' Justice Matters season. It's even more fitting now than it was then just a few weeks ago! Del is the man here, with his amazing keyboard, rhythm and harmonies on display. I just added the vocal line and a couple of uke parts to qualify it for SOTU :) Cheers and huge thanks to Del for sticking with this one through multiple structural changes :)

With the latest entries added to the playlist we're up to 17 wondeful videos so far. Thanks to everyone who's found the time to bring something and to those of you sorting something out. Look forward to discovering more tomorrow after a bit of sleep ~

I had a reached to Del about doing this song for Brian Fergus' Justice Matters season. It's even more fitting now than it was then just a few weeks ago! Del is the man here, with his amazing keyboard, rhythm and harmonies on display. I just added the vocal line and a couple of uke parts to qualify it for SOTU :) Cheers and huge thanks to Del for sticking with this one through multiple structural changes :)

Could I just say that Kev is being characteristically modest about what he did here. And if you have a listen to this, please stay with it right to the end or you will miss his awesome electric uke solo in the outro - it is awesome! :)

no vid from Rob last week - he just told me he is in hospital - he has had a stroke and is paralyzed down his right hand side
sad news indeed

That is horrendous news.

Rob if you're reading this, all the best mate.

Oh no! Poor Rob. First Micheal Hermiston, now Rob.... Here's hoping both will recover as soon as possible.

Like half the world I was shocked (but not surprised) by events in Washington last week. Here is my take on that day and whose responsibility it was... as well as a new interpretation of what MAGA really stands for.

no vid from Rob last week - he just told me he is in hospital - he has had a stroke and is paralyzed down his right hand side
sad news indeed

Oh that's sad news - thanks for letting us know Pa. And sending speedy recovery wishes to Rob.

I think I played this to death on Robert Palmer's "Clues" album, back in whichever decade it came out, but it was those Beatles chaps wot wrote it.

sad news indeed

Really sorry to hear this news Brian! Let him know we're all rooting for a full recovery ~

Top Bottom