Season #465 ~ 2nd Chances

Get well soon Rob! I'm thinking of joining in though I do not sing. I hope that's not obligatory.

Thanks for the positive feedback from Brian, Ryan, Val and Mikkel!

Lookin' forward to hearing what you come up with Mikkel ~

Well, this one you I recently played at the Zoom thing, but I haven't put it on Youtube before.

I looked it up for uke4ias Season 437 "Aint No Mountain High Enough" season back in the summer, but didn't manage to learn it that week.
Probably not true clawhammer playing, but the closest I have pulled off this far.

Some of you might remember my hat :)

Last edited:
Thanks for this topic. Gave me a chance to work up a version by one of my many favorite bands, The Reivers, as well as try out my new Fanner uke and Spark amp.

Hope you all like this one take version.

wishing you the best of things Rob and the fullest of recoveries.
a song that would have snuggled nicely into week 458.

Get well soon Rob! I'm thinking of joining in though I do not sing. I hope that's not obligatory.

No singing required. The only requirement is that ukulele is featured and audible. We regularly get chord melody instrumentals! Look forward to seeing what you bring ~

SOTU 465- "Second Cup of Coffee" - Gordon Lightfoot (1972). I've liked this one for a long time. Thanks to to Kevin for once again helping out. Apparently I screwed up the title graphic for the video - sorry.

The play list is up to date with 24 fabulous entries! I've really enjoyed every one of them. Thanks for joining in this week ~

"One Man Saw In His Dreams..." by Uno Naissoo and Paul-Eerik Rummo. This is a song from an Estonian film "The Last Relic" (1969), a soundtrack for a moment of seriousness after swashbuckling scenes.

I missed UkeFoote's Season 463 (Justice Matters), so thank you Kev for the second chance.

Speedy recovery to Rob, pikaista paranemista!

Thanks Kev. This song has " second" in it. If I had Del's keyboard and production skills I would have done it more like the Depeche Mode original. But since it's me - more a poor man's Johnny Cash version. It's a fine song in any form.
Rob I hope you are doing ok. You are missed and thought of.

After it spent almost a year on the shelf, I grabbed my soprano down for this week

Hello again, Kev! More hopeful "cheesiness" from the optimist that is me - a song from "Annie," which promises a second chance. As Scarlett O'Hara (another incurable optimist) famously said at the end of "Gone With The Wind" ... "After all, tomorrow is another day." I took the background photo from our bedroom window the other morning, just as the sun was coming up ... at the time, our icicles were growing longer and longer, as they began to melt during the day and then froze again overnight. Yesterday and today, it is warmer and they have finally disappeared; but more snow is promised for tomorrow. Thank heavens, I AM an optimist!

Just seen the sad news regarding Rob, wishing him all the best and hopefully a full recovery.

no vid from Rob last week - he just told me he is in hospital - he has had a stroke and is paralyzed down his right hand side
sad news indeed

This is sad to hear.
Rob, I (like everyone here) send you all my best wishes and hope things turn out well.

I considered this for Season 449, All Things Fall, but then I got scared and didn't. Then someone else (Jim Yates) posted a nice version anyway, so I definitely didn't!

So, I'd like to take this second chance to post my attempt at I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You, by Tom Waits. I like Tom Waits a lot, and several of his songs seem to work pretty well on ukulele.

Meanwhile, like everyone else, I'm sorry to hear Rob is ill. Wishing you all the best, and hoping for a full and speedy recovery.

Top Bottom