Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season #465 ~ 2nd Chances

Kev, is it just me being exceedingly dense, or is your link to the Playlist a link to Brian's "Hemingway's Whiskey?"
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

I'm getting that too Val, had a look on his channel and either the playlist hasn't been made yet or Kev hasn't made it public.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Facebook

YouTube

Nice wistful ballad recorded by Frank Sinatra,Bing Crosby and Tony Bennet et al

This is one I've wanted to do, and I think this theme gives me an excuse!

My Back Pages by Bob Dylan, as far as I can tell, sees Dylan reflecting on how he used to think he knew everything if only the world would listen, but is now rejecting that earlier idealism and wants to do something new. So, I think that counts under (1).

Or, given that this is Dylan, it might be about something else entirely. But I'm going to go with that interpretation, because that way it's Dylan telling us about his second chance .

As a bonus, it took me two goes to upload this.
    - Edwin

it is the playlist but it is 'opened' on the first video
    the other vids are on the right
    this is may be the better link
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...wJUviSb6GD44qU
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 01-11-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks everyone for helping me sort out the playlist. I have never had to do anything other start a new one up in the past, but for some reason, this time it defaulted to private. That has been taken care of, and I am in the process now of getting caught up with adding the latest vids.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful submissions i've seen so far. It's great to see some regulars and even greater to see Jon and Bob get back into posting lately ~
    Talk less, play more . . . .

homemade song for this week's main theme of second chances, inspired by 1974 dr who eppy, "invasion of the dinosaurs", where there is an attempt by a few rogue elite to go back in time to an unspoilt earth for a second chance at not mucking everything up (via importing dinosaurs from prehistory into modern london, to empty it of us mere plebs so we don't mess with the cunning plan)

lynda

acid skiffle

waiting for a second chance

So Kev, last video you complimented me on my less is more approach. This kinda goes the other way. One of those ones where I get an idea and just run with it.

This is one I half wanted to do for Brian's justice season, but again it's more of an injustice. It's probably my favourite song from the musical Hamilton

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Facebook

YouTube

I had a reached to Del about doing this song for Brian Fergus' Justice Matters season. It's even more fitting now than it was then just a few weeks ago! Del is the man here, with his amazing keyboard, rhythm and harmonies on display. I just added the vocal line and a couple of uke parts to qualify it for SOTU Cheers and huge thanks to Del for sticking with this one through multiple structural changes

Talk less, play more . . . .

Thread Information