Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Season #465 ~ 2nd Chances

An original song.

"One Man Saw In His Dreams..." by Uno Naissoo and Paul-Eerik Rummo. This is a song from an Estonian film "The Last Relic" (1969), a soundtrack for a moment of seriousness after swashbuckling scenes.

I missed UkeFoote's Season 463 (Justice Matters), so thank you Kev for the second chance.

Speedy recovery to Rob, pikaista paranemista!

re-visiting jon's season 417 (original favourite country shorts) with a new homemade song, less than a minute long, inspired by the weather we had today here in london

lynda

acid skiffle

Thanks Kev. This song has " second" in it. If I had Del's keyboard and production skills I would have done it more like the Depeche Mode original. But since it's me - more a poor man's Johnny Cash version. It's a fine song in any form.
    Rob I hope you are doing ok. You are missed and thought of.

After it spent almost a year on the shelf, I grabbed my soprano down for this week

Hello again, Kev! More hopeful "cheesiness" from the optimist that is me - a song from "Annie," which promises a second chance. As Scarlett O'Hara (another incurable optimist) famously said at the end of "Gone With The Wind" ... "After all, tomorrow is another day." I took the background photo from our bedroom window the other morning, just as the sun was coming up ... at the time, our icicles were growing longer and longer, as they began to melt during the day and then froze again overnight. Yesterday and today, it is warmer and they have finally disappeared; but more snow is promised for tomorrow. Thank heavens, I AM an optimist!

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Just seen the sad news regarding Rob, wishing him all the best and hopefully a full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaX View Post
    After it spent almost a year on the shelf, I grabbed my soprano down for this week
    Glad to hear it Emma ~
    Talk less, play more . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    no vid from Rob last week - he just told me he is in hospital - he has had a stroke and is paralyzed down his right hand side
    sad news indeed
    This is sad to hear.
    Rob, I (like everyone here) send you all my best wishes and hope things turn out well.

I considered this for Season 449, All Things Fall, but then I got scared and didn't. Then someone else (Jim Yates) posted a nice version anyway, so I definitely didn't!

So, I'd like to take this second chance to post my attempt at I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You, by Tom Waits. I like Tom Waits a lot, and several of his songs seem to work pretty well on ukulele.

Meanwhile, like everyone else, I'm sorry to hear Rob is ill. Wishing you all the best, and hoping for a full and speedy recovery.
    - Edwin

Thread Information