Season #465 ~ 2nd Chances

It may not sound it from the first couple bars but this is one I considered for the relaxation week last year. For the last 20+ years Pokemon has essentially been my happy place. It's a game I can always go back to no matter the edition, no matter the unpopular changes in the more recent entries, it's just a word that is an inseparable part of my childhood that will always be there.

So here's a medley of some of the themes from various soundtracks from those games throughout the years. Some are straight covers, some I've sort of adapted from a few.

Well this week just keeps getting sh*ttier.

Hope you are feeling better Rob and make a full recovery.

Here's some more Bob Dylan.

I've just added the most recent entries on to the playlist. We're up to 32 wonderful entries! Thanks to everyone who's had the time and inclination to join in this week! And cheers to anyone who's following along ~

Rob, if you're able to follow this thread, we'd really love to hear how things are coming along. You're in the thoughts and prayers of many a Seasonista ~

Here’s The Longest Time - a fun song to sing with a bunch of people, but this time it’s just me and my soprano.

started working on this for Brian's Justice Matters week
there have been some developments since then so changed the lyrics a little
i think there is a second chance mentioned in here too

Last edited:
My computer died on Christmas. This is my first video since I got a new one. I planned to use this week's theme to catch up on some of the weeks I missed, then crises at work kicked in. Anyway, this morning I remembered this Fairport Convention song that fits the theme. This was written by Sandy Denny -- it's the best song on the "Rising for the Moon" album, when she briefly returned to the band.

I've just caught the playlist up. Some really wonderful stuff coming in this week guys and gals! I've been very happy to see some folks visiting that we don't see every week. Some fantastic originals being brought this week as well! Cheers and keep 'em coming ~

Here is my song about 2nd chances:

I was interested to learn that Cecila is the muse of musicians so it makes sense that a composer might plead with her.

Rob, here's wishing you a speedy and full recovery, mate. x

I was hoping to get a couple more done for this season but unfortunately time has conspired against me.
However, I've quickly taken a 2nd chance to visit one of the seasons that I missed, Brian's season 455 - Zooming - in the style of a Zoom session. One take, straight to camera, no frills...

It seems Dylan is flavour of the season!

Yukio-

I am trying to figure you what your kazoo/trumpet thingy is. Was it something you invented?

Very cool!

-Wiggy

My second entry this week is a tale of an abusive relationship in which the dominant partner is demanding a second chance. Do you think he deserves one?

Hope you enjoy:

I didn't get this Sir Paul McCartney song done for Ryan last week, but last week was in 2021, so I'm going to say I didn't get this done for the Earworm Season! I blew my voice out on it, and couldn't hit the high notes in the Spinners song I did for today's open mic. This is using the brass sound of the Mel9 box.

here's the latest news i have from Rob via a youtube comment

"moved to rehabilitation center in Lahti learning to walk again no pain just numbness down the right hand side. nose bleeds from blood thinner medication. speech difficult"

i did send a pm (i hope he got others) here but did not get a response
not sure how easy accessing the computer and typing would be for him at the moment

i did let him know there was concern and best wishes coming his way from the seasonistas and UU....

here's the latest news i have from Rob via a youtube comment

"moved to rehabilitation center in Lahti learning to walk again no pain just numbness down the right hand side. nose bleeds from blood thinner medication. speech difficult"

i did send a pm (i hope he got others) here but did not get a response
not sure how easy accessing the computer and typing would be for him at the moment

i did let him know there was concern and best wishes coming his way from the seasonistas and UU....

Thanks for the update Brian! At this time, you seem to be the best source of info on how Rob's doing. Glad to hear he's in the rehab stage, and hoping he regains his independence, and he's back to posting daily videos again soon ~

Sorry to hear the news about Rob. Praying for him.

I managed to get in under the wire.

I wrote this about 7 years ago. Probably the fourth or fifth song I ever wrote. The result of a bad weekend. A sort of self indictment.

a new homemade song, revisiting the theme from geoff's season 452 - your relaxing music week. recently i started trying out playing my open tuned ukes in a sort of dulcimer style, picking out notes at the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th and 11th frets (rather than my usual bluesy fave frets of 3, 5, 7 and 10). i find it can be lovely and relaxing to plink away like this, and i hope it's relaxing to listen to as well!

"shine for you"

My heart is with Rob in Lahti.

If you do something once, then you do it one more time, you've done it a second time, right?

Welp, that's how this song came to mind...

We had some fantastic late entries to fill out season #465! Thanks to all who participated! I"ll follow up later with a summary of this weeks videos ~

Top Bottom