UAS: I sold a ukulele

DavidGuitar95010

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I sold a ukulele today, and did not die. Check in on me tomorrow though.:p

Congratulations to both of you.

Today, I thought about maybe, possibly, selling a ukulele...

today, sure. It's tomorrow when the tremors start. :p

I love selling ukes because it means I get to buy something new!!!

Though I don't have UAS. I have UBASS (Ukulele Buying and Selling Syndrome).

Sold 1. Trashed out 2 (warped neck on 1, incurable buzz on the other). Bought 2. Have 1 for sale locally...

So, I am currently at -1. Goal is -2, but it's early in the year.

-Wiggy

Last edited:
I sold a ukulele around Thanksgiving. Then I bought 2 more...

I am thinking about selling a ukulele....

I had been trying to sell my MagicFluke SB Tenor, had an offer, declined it and closed thread. Now I reopened thread.
Was waffling because of the personal laser-etching on it.

Is it silly to keep some instrument for that reason if I'm not gonna play it?

It wasn't as hard as I expected. I recently bought an acoustic guitar that had to be paid for somehow.

My meager ukulele inventory listing below doesn't include the entry level ukuleles that I acquired along the way, but haven't figured out what to do with. I'm caught between only wanting to play my Kanilea 100% of the time and never touching another ukulele, and trying to get one of everything ever made. Lol.

(Side story: The guy who bought my ukulele found it on Flea Market Music but coincidentally lives just a few blocks from me. I arrived at the scheduled time and his garage door opens, and inside a room full of surfboards and a custom shaping area. He makes the most beautiful custom surf boards you could ever imagine. We ended up talking surf boards for about half an hour. I was worried that I would end up keeping the ukulele and ordering a surf board. Fortunately, he paid cash, but I'm certain to order my next board there. My number of surfboards slightly exceeds ukuleles. For now.)

Sell? Selling a Ukulele? I'm sorry, I just don't understand the concept. Quit your job, divorce your wife, abandon your dog (well, maybe not that!) I can understand. But why would anyone want to sell a Ukulele? If I were you, I'd keep it very, very quiet.

Sounds like Ukulele Divestiture Syndrome or UDS.

Finally! I have a name for my ailment. Sweaty hands. Shakes. Incessant playing of the E-chord progression. Frozen in place whenever I look at the boxes and rolls of bubble wrap I have accumulated for shipping the ukes I plan to sell—sometime...

I gotta go lay down now. :p

Frozen in place whenever I look at the boxes and rolls of bubble wrap I have accumulated for shipping the ukes I plan to sell—sometime...
Lmao! Sounds like me... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've sold two ukes this year already and a fella is coming tomorrow to pick up a third. But don't fret, I already have a new one coming in. I'm really liking this 3 out 1 in ratio at the moment. :D

My wife keeps asking, "When you die, what am I going to do with all those Ukuleles?" I can face death, no problem. What I can't face is the idea of her doing something with my Ukuleles. Somehow, I have to find a way to take all of them with me! :music:

UAS and UDS are like Yin and Yang in that they enable and feed on each other.

Top Bottom