Well I think I ordered "my" holy grail.

IZ arrived about 7PM yesterday. I only played it for a short time then tuned it up to pitch and hung it on my wall to acclimate to the environment it will live in. Initial impressions are it looks and plays great, the tone is wonderful and it's quite LOUD. More after I have some more time to play it.

Congrats and please post pics. video if you're up to it too. :)

Congrats! This is one uke on my wish list as well. Please do post pics. A sound clip or video would be great!

Wow! Very nice quilting in the mahogany. Great looking IZ. Congratulations.

Did they say what strings were on it? I'm assuming Martin brand 625 Graphite Grey Polygut (Nylon) Premium strings.

But, could be Martin 620 Clear Fluorocarbons. Enjoy. it's a terrific tenor.

Wow! Very nice quilting in the mahogany. Great looking IZ. Congratulations.

Did they say what strings were on it? I'm assuming Martin brand 625 Graphite Grey Polygut (Nylon) Premium strings.

But, could be Martin 620 Clear Fluorocarbons. Enjoy. it's a terrific tenor.

Thanks! Yes, it has the 625 grey strings.

Yes, my IZ is an amazingly good instrument. It was my first Martin. I think it compares favorably with my Kamaka. Different voice, and different feel, of course. About a year ago I got a K2 Concert, and now have just ordered a Konter Soprano. So, there will be three Martins in my bevy of much loved Ukuleles. Congratulations! You will never regret the choice!

I've ordered a Fremont Blackline low G for IZ. I like linear tuning except for Sopranos which I keep reentrant.

IZ, I think it's the first uke I've given a name (Martin really beat me to it though). ;)

Top Bottom