Goddamn PM's

bennyhana22

Reaction score
Does anyone else have pretty much continuous issues with using the PMs on the UU forum?

Is it browser-specific?

Is it just me?!

I really want to contact a member about a uke sale and repeated attempts to send have failed. I'd be happy to say it was my incompetence to blame (!), but this happened the last time I was in a PM discussion and we ended up using personal email.

I'd be really grateful for any advice anyone has as there is a uke I'm really keen to buy!!

Thanks

Ben

PMs seem to have the same problems that regular posts have - cut off messages. A real problem is the recipient's mailbox being full. You can't contact him to tell him that it's full. : )

Thanks for replying, Jerry - I don't think it's a full inbox issue...certainly neither of us had that problem when another user and I were trying to communicate a while ago...

But thanks once again.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Ben

Little update for those kind enough to read this!

So, the other user did get my message...but my PM page gives absolutely no indication that any of my messages have been sent!

So, you just send and hope for the best!

Anyway, we're in touch so far...!

Ben

Little update for those kind enough to read this!

So, the other user did get my message...but my PM page gives absolutely no indication that any of my messages have been sent!

So, you just send and hope for the best!

Anyway, we're in touch so far...!

Ben

That seems to be the way it works. Lots of guessing. You can click on Sent - upper left, to see what messages you've sent. Still, it's not a perfect system.

That seems to be the way it works. Lots of guessing. You can click on Sent - upper left, to see what messages you've sent. Still, it's not a perfect system.

that only works if you click the 'Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder' under Additional options below and before you send your msg. You can also click the 'Request a read receipt for this message'

I'm not having any problems lately with PMs. I'm using Safari on MacOS Catalina. My sent PMs automatically go into the sent section. Go to Settings at the top of the window and see if you need to change anything there.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 38)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Thanks all - the other UU user and I are in touch by email now.

Gosh, I'm useless - trying to see where to close the thread and I can't...will take any tips, and apologies again.

Ben

You can only close threads on the Marketplace. All others remain open—forever!

Dang. Saw this on my work computer and read "PM" as "Program Manager". Thought things were going to get spicy! :)

Sites been messed up for a long time now, I use Mac mini iOS + iPhone 7 & 10 and it doesn't work right they gave up on UU (not profitable) get used to it. It helps to just send a pm with email in subject line + something like "interested, pms broken please email".

Last edited:
Top Bottom