Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 81

Thread: Enya Nova Tenor news

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    34

    Default

    I was about to buy a black concert model, when I heard about this one awhile ago. Placed the order today. BTW, there's a coupon code I found (ENYA10) that will get you 10% off on anything on their website, including this preorder. $108 with free shipping and no tax is a no brainer.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikelz777 View Post
    So any strings with color have metal compounds? Reds, Worth Browns, Fremont Blacks, etc? Are there any complaints of fret wear from people who use clear fluorocarbons?
    My frets and the stock Enya fluorocarbon strings wore out after two months. It wasn't unplayable yet at that point. I contacted Enya about the issue and sent photos. They immediately offered to send me a different one. I really think that there was a bad batch (or a few) with softer plastic, and that the issue is not actually that common.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    MN metro area
    Posts
    1,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Bean View Post
    My frets and the stock Enya fluorocarbon strings wore out after two months. It wasn't unplayable yet at that point. I contacted Enya about the issue and sent photos. They immediately offered to send me a different one. I really think that there was a bad batch (or a few) with softer plastic, and that the issue is not actually that common.
    Did you take the 2nd one? If so, how long have you had it and how has it fared with fret wear?

    I've contacted Enya and I have to say that their response time was excellent. Sadly, there are currently no plans to offer a soprano or a concert with metal frets. They didn't deny that there was an issue with fret wear nor did they try and defend it saying that it was an issue of the past and that it's not currently an issue. They didn't correct me when I said that I was understanding that they considered fret wear normal and that it wasn't covered under their warranty. From what you said above, perhaps they handle it on a case by case basis and don't want to create a situation where they have a flood of claims. Maybe the situation was corrected and the fret wear issues are minimal.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a uke which is basically the same thing.

    Ukes are a lot like potato chips. It's hard to stop with just one!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikelz777 View Post
    Did you take the 2nd one? If so, how long have you had it and how has it fared with fret wear?

    I've contacted Enya and I have to say that their response time was excellent. Sadly, there are currently no plans to offer a soprano or a concert with metal frets. They didn't deny that there was an issue with fret wear nor did they try and defend it saying that it was an issue of the past and that it's not currently an issue. They didn't correct me when I said that I was understanding that they considered fret wear normal and that it wasn't covered under their warranty. From what you said above, perhaps they handle it on a case by case basis and don't want to create a situation where they have a flood of claims. Maybe the situation was corrected and the fret wear issues are minimal.
    I did not take the second concert, because they mentioned a future upgrade with harder plastics and a bit later, the metal frets. That was before COVID hit.
    It became clear early on that the metal frets would only be available on the tenor, but that is my preferred scale anyway. So, I voiced my concerns about the deadline and my 'warranty' running out. They understood my dilemma of waiting for the tenor (but my warranty would have expired), or accepting a new concert under warranty after 10 months of raising the issue.
    Since Enya had all the information about my Amazon order and delivery, the photos with the serial no, they probably were able to trace production of the faulty item. They allowed me to wait longer, and my warranty claim is supposedly documented in my customer care case.
    So, I am still waiting for my warranty replacement, which I expect to receive this summer. In all honesty though, the tenor will feel like an upgrade after a very long wait.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Looks like Enya gifted a tenor Enya Nova to Feng E (age 13)

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    MN metro area
    Posts
    1,917

    Default

    Arg.... this uke is starting to haunt me. Just a few days ago I definitively said that I was done buying ukes. That was until my wife and I played my all-solid wood ukes outdoors for the first time ever and they were getting wet in the rain so I started looking at plastic ukes out of curiosity. I'm a concert only guy but there are no plans in the foreseeable future for a concert Enya Nova with metal frets and I don't really want to take a chance on plastic frets (on any uke) so the concert is not an option for me. I said that I wasn't interested in a tenor but now I'm getting seriously tempted....
    Making one of these my only tenor AND an outdoor/travel uke might be just enough to rationalize getting one. Temptation.... temptation!!
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a uke which is basically the same thing.

    Ukes are a lot like potato chips. It's hard to stop with just one!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I tried the discount code but no luck

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NHukeplayer View Post
    I tried the discount code but no luck
    Sorry guys. Looks like they realized it was working when it wasn't supposed to. FWIW, it works on their other ukes.
    Last edited by MikeSRC; 05-25-2021 at 05:51 AM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    MN metro area
    Posts
    1,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by besley View Post
    Didn't work for me either. But I figured I would wait till Bazman and Choirguy chime in with reviews.
    Is it more likely that those reviews will come out before or after the release date?
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a uke which is basically the same thing.

    Ukes are a lot like potato chips. It's hard to stop with just one!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikelz777 View Post
    Is it more likely that those reviews will come out before or after the release date?
    Baz has one and a few days ago, he said: "I now have permission for a sneak peek - coming next week".

    Choirguy ordered one, so his won't be until they're released.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •