Instead of NAMM: Share Ukulele Related News for 2021

Rakelele

Reaction score
The annual winter show of the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) has been canceled this year because of COVID-19. Nevertheless, manufacturers will probably be releasing all sorts of new models, ideas and prototypes in the forthcoming few weeks. Instead of our annual NAMM thread, I thought we might just go ahead and collect all Ukulele related news here.

So if you see or hear some interesting news about new Ukulele models, new designs, new materials, new strings, new case solutions, new pickups, new capos, etc., please share them in this thread, post links to demo videos or social media channels with previews of what's to expect on the Ukulele market for 2021.

The Belgian Ukulogisch Museum will give a big farewell concert on June 4th. If you like odd-shaped ukuleles...

Replying to this thread so I can find it easier when stuff starts getting posted :D

I registered for the NAMM show online last night. Been to three in person, wasn't planning to do that again, but looking forward to this version online.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 38)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Ohana posted their new models for 2021:

Ohana CK-150BWE: Black and white ebony laminate concert

Ohana PKT-220G: Solid mango tenor pinapple

Ohana CK-60CG: Solid mahogany cutaway concert

Ohana CK-390: Solid koa concert (classic Martin style)

Seems to me like there are less new models and stuff than in other years, at least I haven't found much.

Here is Martin Guitars presenting their new models, including the OXK Concert uke (at 0:56):

https://youtu.be/2o56fcycmgw?t=56

Ohana posted their new models for 2021:

Ohana CK-150BWE: Black and white ebony laminate concert

Ohana PKT-220G: Solid mango tenor pinapple

Ohana CK-60CG: Solid mahogany cutaway concert

Ohana CK-390: Solid koa concert (classic Martin style)

Funny - a mango pineapple. Sounds like DNA manipulation. :)

Alvin "Pops KoAloha" Okami is now making all of his Masterpiece Collection exclusively through www.UkeSAHawaii.com. He is currently working on bringing back the Sceptre which he has not made in over 10 years. These new Sceptre will have ebony fretboard and the return of the ebony crown bridge. Also a new headstock and inner label from Pops showing that each is made custom by Pops, himself. We can now get sceptre and Pineapple Sunday in tenor, Concert, or even standard size, with a choice of woods and crown bridge. For those in Europe, Southern Ukulele Store will also be carrying these new ukes from Pops. Pops is also expanding his line of Soprano scale ukes.
IMG_1459.jpgIMG_0959 2.jpgIMG_1460.jpgIMG_1432.jpgIMG_0539.jpg

Last edited:
looks like amahi has a bunch of plastic (ABS) body ukes, with offset and side sound holes, matching black neck and presumably plastic fretboard. price appears comparable to flights. shame about those uber cheap looking tuners though.
amahi HCLF.JPG

Top Bottom