Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Martin ukes

Default New Martin ukes

Anybody else see these? I was hoping they would come out with something new.

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/

The OXK concert should attract many. Those laminates are very good playing instruments and are nicely built

Yeah I noticed that the prices had gone down. I still don’t really like the sipo necks though...

And by necks I mean fretboards!

I've never seen the attraction of fake aging in a musical instrument. I see it with 'distressed' furniture all the time. Just buy old furniture - it will be cheaper and better made and still have the worn in look you are after! People seem to want brand new but it has to look old. I don't get it.
    Kamaka HF-3DC - KoAloha KTM-S00 - Kanile'a SUS B DLX - Kanile'a K-1B - Pono MGTP5-PC

wonder what the street price will be. that hpl looks almost like cork to me, and that pale fretboards makes me sad. it's got friction tuners too

Quote Originally Posted by EDW View Post
    The OXK concert should attract many. Those laminates are very good playing instruments and are nicely built
    Since it's an HPL, shouldn't the description not read "We hand-selected the finest Hawaiian koa ..." but rather "... the finest Hawaiian koa looking paper..." ?

I have two HPL ukes which I like (well, they're OK anyway) , but unless Martin has done something different, there's no wood other than the wood turned into paper.

I’ve played the Martin street master guitar that they make in Nazareth, it sounded great, but I couldn’t get over the stupid faux distressed look. The new hpl concert kinda has my interest though.

First, let me say to the original poster, Blank Williams, thanks for posting this. I hadn't seen any of the new stuff coming from Martin.

Secondly, let me say to the original poster, Blank Williams, dammit why did you post this! I wasn't planning to buy any more ukes this year! :-)

All kidding aside, I do find the OXK concert very intriguing. I have an OXK soprano, and it is a great workhorse of an instrument. Plays nice, sounds great, and I don't have to worry about it at all.

Well looks like I know what I'm buying this year...
    Mainly a concert player.

Beansprout alto (myrtle) | Martin Konter | Kala Elite Soprano | Rebel Double Cream mango concert
    KoAloha Silver concert | Blackbird Clara | Kamaka HF-2 (special) | Kanile'a K-1 C | Bruko #6
    Anuenue UC200 Moonbird Concert | UkeSA Pineapple Sunday concert (acacia) | Pop's Pineapple Sunday (koa)

Can‘t believe they went with the Graphtech tuners even on the higher end ukes. Aside from that, the concerts look pretty decent.

Thread Information