Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Martin ukes

Default New Martin ukes

Anybody else see these? I was hoping they would come out with something new.

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/

If the T1K hadn't just come to my doorstep a month ago, the mahogany T1 Streetmaster would have probably been my choice. As I am happy with the Koa Uke, I won't sweat it. Looking forward to a mahogany soprano though. Take a look at the prices of all the Mexican Ukes, they all dropped significantly. The T1K by $150!
    Last edited by Mike $; 01-14-2021 at 07:47 AM.

The OXK concert should attract many. Those laminates are very good playing instruments and are nicely built

Yeah I noticed that the prices had gone down. I still don’t really like the sipo necks though...

And by necks I mean fretboards!

I've never seen the attraction of fake aging in a musical instrument. I see it with 'distressed' furniture all the time. Just buy old furniture - it will be cheaper and better made and still have the worn in look you are after! People seem to want brand new but it has to look old. I don't get it.
    Kamaka HF-3DC - KoAloha KTM-S00 - Kanile'a SUS B DLX - Kanile'a K-1B - Pono MGTP5-PC

wonder what the street price will be. that hpl looks almost like cork to me, and that pale fretboards makes me sad. it's got friction tuners too

Quote Originally Posted by EDW View Post
    The OXK concert should attract many. Those laminates are very good playing instruments and are nicely built
    Since it's an HPL, shouldn't the description not read "We hand-selected the finest Hawaiian koa ..." but rather "... the finest Hawaiian koa looking paper..." ?

I have two HPL ukes which I like (well, they're OK anyway) , but unless Martin has done something different, there's no wood other than the wood turned into paper.

I bet the OXK concert, with $299.00 list price, will sell well. Wonder what the street price will be?
    20210114_130654.jpg

Looks like the T1 Streetmaster tenor has the back-facing Graphtech Ratio geared tuners, while the HPL concert has the usual Grover frictions.

Kinda disappointing that the Streetmaster tenor will have the same skinny 34mm nut as the T1K. The OXK concert nut will be wider, like the C1K, at almost 36mm.

I hope Baz will get an example of the concert to review. I expect it will be pretty good, as he liked the OXK soprano.
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 01-14-2021 at 08:27 AM.
    John

I’ve played the Martin street master guitar that they make in Nazareth, it sounded great, but I couldn’t get over the stupid faux distressed look. The new hpl concert kinda has my interest though.

Thread Information