Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Question

Default Shipping Question

I just moved and my new place has all the mailboxes together in a location when you enter. There is a package box, but it is not large enough for more ukes! I figure some of you live in the sticks like me now, what are my options?

Thank you so much for any feed back!
    Uke with me if you want to live...

Is a PO Box an option for you? I get certain packages sent to my PO Box rather than my home address
    I'Iwi Tenor
    Graziano Baritone
    Koaloha Concert
    Kamaka Pineapple

You can have signature required packages from FedEx and UPS held for convenient pick up.
    Insured Mailed packages sent the Post Office should also be held for signature.
    -Hodge
    Humble strummer of fine ukes.

Confluence of the Mississippi and Rum Rivers

I've had a couple of ukulele's dropped off at secure fedex or ups drop locations. One place was a fedex office center (or whatever they call the old kinko's/shipping place) the other was actually at a dry cleaners that also offered secure drop and ship. Both are on my route to and from work. I appreciated the secure part of the equation. Also not to have the instrument's out in the elements.

Great info. Exactly what I needed. Thanks so much!

FedEx has package manager, where you can redirect your package to a secure location. I just received a uke that required my signature, and I was going to be working most of the day. I was able to redirect the package to a Walgreen's a mile from my house, and pick it up when I left work.
    "So many ukes, so little money..."

Kanile'a KSR-T premium koa tenor
    KoAloha KTM-00 tenor
    Rebel Double Cheese spruce/mahogany tenor, my BFF.
    Pono ATC-PC acacia cutaway tenor
    Kala KA-ASFM-T-C flame maple tenor
    Pono MT-SP tenor
    Cocobolo concert #467
    Pono ASD acacia soprano deluxe
    Pono MGS mango soprano

I often have larger UPS or FedEx packages dropped at local stores. FedEx at the Walgreens. And UPS at an Advance Auto Parts store.

USPS I will have held at the post office if I'm not going to be around. But that doesn't always work because the notifications for regular mail and packages are different. The carrier driving the truck for packages may not get the notice in a timely manner.

Yes, I too live in a small rural township.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Thanks for more info guys. All is appreciated. I’m wondering also about larger amazon packages that I don’t necessarily know what service will be the one making the delivery. Guess some will have to be trial by fire. Thanks again.

When you check out at Amazon, you can choose to deliver to an "Amazon Locker", which is basically the same idea as the services mentioned above. I live in the middle of nowhere and have several to choose from - most of them are in local business or copy stores.

You can also wait until the package ships, and get the tracking number from Amazon so you know what delivery agent they chose. Then contact the delivery company and ask them to hold it. USPS, Fedex, and UPS will all hold a package if you contact them, and all three will let you do it via phone or online. For instance, I have a UPS online account, set up to notify me whenever anyone ships anything to my home address. There's a link in the notification email that I can click on and provide alternate delivery instructions.

That helped a lot! Thank you ^^

Thread Information