Shipping Question

Kibes37

Reaction score
I just moved and my new place has all the mailboxes together in a location when you enter. There is a package box, but it is not large enough for more ukes! I figure some of you live in the sticks like me now, what are my options?

Thank you so much for any feed back!

Is a PO Box an option for you? I get certain packages sent to my PO Box rather than my home address

You can have signature required packages from FedEx and UPS held for convenient pick up.
Insured Mailed packages sent the Post Office should also be held for signature.

I've had a couple of ukulele's dropped off at secure fedex or ups drop locations. One place was a fedex office center (or whatever they call the old kinko's/shipping place) the other was actually at a dry cleaners that also offered secure drop and ship. Both are on my route to and from work. I appreciated the secure part of the equation. Also not to have the instrument's out in the elements.

FedEx has package manager, where you can redirect your package to a secure location. I just received a uke that required my signature, and I was going to be working most of the day. I was able to redirect the package to a Walgreen's a mile from my house, and pick it up when I left work.

I often have larger UPS or FedEx packages dropped at local stores. FedEx at the Walgreens. And UPS at an Advance Auto Parts store.

USPS I will have held at the post office if I'm not going to be around. But that doesn't always work because the notifications for regular mail and packages are different. The carrier driving the truck for packages may not get the notice in a timely manner.

Yes, I too live in a small rural township.

Thanks for more info guys. All is appreciated. I’m wondering also about larger amazon packages that I don’t necessarily know what service will be the one making the delivery. Guess some will have to be trial by fire. Thanks again.

When you check out at Amazon, you can choose to deliver to an "Amazon Locker", which is basically the same idea as the services mentioned above. I live in the middle of nowhere and have several to choose from - most of them are in local business or copy stores.

You can also wait until the package ships, and get the tracking number from Amazon so you know what delivery agent they chose. Then contact the delivery company and ask them to hold it. USPS, Fedex, and UPS will all hold a package if you contact them, and all three will let you do it via phone or online. For instance, I have a UPS online account, set up to notify me whenever anyone ships anything to my home address. There's a link in the notification email that I can click on and provide alternate delivery instructions.

I just moved and my new place has all the mailboxes together in a location when you enter. There is a package box, but it is not large enough for more ukes! I figure some of you live in the sticks like me now, what are my options?
As you use "mailboxes" in your query, my reply will reference US Postal Service :) ... I have a rural address as well, and if I'm expecting a USPS shipped package I notify my carrier and the postmaster (for my zip code) to hold the package for me to pick up at the office. The postmaster is the most important one, but since my carrier has been overwhelmed with parcels, I left him a note as a courtesy reminder.

Top Bottom