Season 466- If You Want Blood (You Got It)

Ha , bloody hell, you don't see a licorice stick forever then two turm up at once !! Still Chelle can play ,I'm still making farty noises :rofl:

Original composition for Ukulele,Bouzouki,Clarinet,Bass Guitar, and Djembe.
It is still a work in progress so gets a bit outside of the lines here and there.
But hey prackyactiss and development will knock it into shape ! What that shape
will be gawd only knows.

Here is another one in dedication to our fine friend, Rob. He loves this Tom Waits guy. I do, too, but I never tried this one before. It seems like the right time.

OOPS! I missed adding Chelle's excellent original song to the playlist. Thanks to CeeJay for setting me straight!
Carry on!
-Yukio

thank you again for this week Christopher
and for the inspiration to write again
this, an original song for the season

This is my first proper Seasons entry of 2021... just sneaked it in on time.

Hello dear Seasonistas!
We are entering the final 24 hours of Season 466 Of The Ukulele.
Thank you all for taking a big bite of this bloody theme. It has produced some powerful performances and some fun ones, too.

If anyone is lurking out there, you still have time to open a vein and let it flow! I look forward to seeing you all soon!
--Yukio

At the open mic last night, we were discussing Blood on The Tracks by Bob Dylan, and wondering which songs mentioned blood. This one doesn't, but it is nevertheless an epic tale of bank robbery and murder, and at 15 verses long I think it is something of an extreme! To be honest, I don't know why I thought this was a good idea, except in that I wondered if I could get through it...

There are some fluffed chords and occasional wonky timing, but there is NO WAY I'm doing another take :).

If you make it to the end, congratulations (also thank you :))

My heart is with Rob, enjoy some dancehall!

My EXTREME feeling is antiracism, so for me, Junior Reid's classic "One BLOOD" works for both challenges.

If my neighbor hadn't just complained to my landlord about me making noise earlier this week, I would've come with a more extreme performance. "Keep the noise in the apartment," they said X(

Last edited:
Sorry to miss this week.
I fumbled around with a Tom Waits song with bloodstains in it, but didn't manage to learn it.
I will listen to the rest of your entries and enjoy them.
Not good at commenting either, sorry. I usually listen to the playlist while doing other stuff on my computer. But at least that way I listen to the songs in their full length, that must count for something. Youtube analytics average play time suggest that not everyone does that.

Last edited:
Woohoo, made it!
This one was three Seasons in the making: I selected Emma Kirkby / Farinelli from the Birthday honours list and ran out of time, then Kevin gave me a Second Chance, but life stayed just as busy. So this week I finally started practising. Saturday I did lots of listening and simplified some chords and tried the chord melody arrangement. Lots of practice on Sunday and some testing, but the high soprano register is too challenging for my voice. So a fresh recording for 466! Woohoo, made it!
This is a famous aria from Handel's opera Rinaldo. Sorry for my Italian pronunciation. Here's a English translation from the internet somewhere: Let me weep My cruel fate, And that I should have freedom. The duel infringes within these twisted places, in my sufferings I pray for mercy.

Last edited:
Sorry to miss this week.
I fumbled around with a Tom Waits song with bloodstains in it, but didn't manage to learn it.
I will listen to the rest of your entries and enjoy them.
Not good at commenting either, sorry. I usually listen to the playlist while doing other stuff on my computer. But at least that way I listen to the songs in their full length, that must count for something. Youtube analytics average play time suggest that not everyone does that.

It is hard to pull those Tom Waits songs together, I find. Nonetheless, we always appreciate your presence here, Mikkel. Certainly listening is a great way to support all we do here at The Seasons of the Ukulele.

OPERA! What a great way to close out this mighty season of blood and fury!
I deeply appreciate the blood, sweat, and tears you all shed to bring all these fine submissions to Season 466.

Caesar is well-pleased.

Kick back a bit to salve your wounds and stay tuned to the 'Out of this World' Season 467 going on right now.

Watch this space for a bandaged wrap-up of Season 466, coming soon.

thanks to our host for a great week and theme!

I usually listen to the playlist while doing other stuff on my computer. But at least that way I listen to the songs in their full length, that must count for something. Youtube analytics average play time suggest that not everyone does that.
i do wonder how much of that is non-seasons, even non-uke, people over on youtube, clicking on a vid to check it out and then deciding we aren't quite what they were looking for! that sort of fly-by micro-viewer might only stop for a few seconds, people also click on stuff by accident, then click straight away again, those very short almost non-views, must skew the overall watch time hugely. i would imagine everyone here watches vids all the way through. actually sometimes i go back quickly to a vid if i think my comment didn't take, or i forgot to thumbs up, or to check if i spelt everything correctly - that can be a bit of a fast visit, things like that must bring the watch time down as well, but it doesn't mean folk didn't watch all the way through first time around???

Bloody Mary Is The Girl I Love! ��*♀️
Can’t believe I didn’t think of it!
Thanks, Chris! ��❤️��❤️

i do wonder how much of that is non-seasons, even non-uke, people over on youtube, clicking on a vid to check it out and then deciding we aren't quite what they were looking for! that sort of fly-by micro-viewer might only stop for a few seconds, people also click on stuff by accident, then click straight away again, those very short almost non-views, must skew the overall watch time hugely. i would imagine everyone here watches vids all the way through. actually sometimes i go back quickly to a vid if i think my comment didn't take, or i forgot to thumbs up, or to check if i spelt everything correctly - that can be a bit of a fast visit, things like that must bring the watch time down as well, but it doesn't mean folk didn't watch all the way through first time around???

Yeah it used to be that if you started writing your comment on a video (on the mobile app at least) then it would still post to that video even if the playlist has moved on. Now it posts to the next one so I either have to leave the comment early or go back to the video.

I also add songs to the playlist by briefly clicking play on each one in the thread, then going into the app and adding them there.

Well, I would find it more likely that youtubes statistics are not accurate. When I see an old "public" video that has an average view time of 6 seconds, that is obviously the case.
But one week last year I posted a video on the second sunday. After a few days I believe it had 4-5 views, and the host had commented. I had watched it through once myself, an if the host has done the same the average view time would have been higher than it was, even if the last viewers had only watched a few seconds.
And when I post a "hidden" video that people will not find randomly on youtube, the average view time is usually about half the video. And they usually get 15-20 views, which is allready less than the number of participating Seasonistas. So if half of the views are outsider or people going back to comment, allthough the video is hidden, I am dissapointed in the number of seasonistas watching.

Anyway, I understand that people who take the efford to comment on every video, and hence cannot multitask and do other stuff at the same time, doesnt have the time to watch all the way through.

Last edited:
Well, I would find it more likely that youtubes statistics are not accurate.

Indeed, you can't really read too much into the stats until you have maybe thousands of views, or just wait a while. It's funny sometimes to see the number of views go down rather than up. Given that youtube has thousands and thousands of computers, and videos are stored on several of them in different parts of the world, it can take a while for the true data to propagate between them, so it's mostly making an educated guess.

At least, that's what I tell myself when I find that on average I'm horrifying the viewers within the first 20 seconds :).

A great and gory week, Christopher ... thank you! (And I think it's a great mistake to look at the stats, it leaves you with the impression that you must be total rubbish ... even if you are (like me) it's not nice to be reminded!)

further to the youtube viewing time stats discussion, i just saw something on my channel that i've never seen before. most of my viewing times vary from from less than ten percent to a maximum of about 70 percent, and definitely average less than 50 percent. but a few vids are showing OVER a hundred percent! what's that all about???!! the stats for my recent collab with del, "dracu-love", says average percentage viewed is 106.5 percent! average view duration is 2 minutes 15 seconds... of a video that is only 2 minutes 6 seconds long!!! even if people go back to inexplicably watch the first 9 seconds again, or page back in the playlist and then quickly press pause, so they can comment without the video page jumping onto the next playlist song before they've finished typing, surely that would count as an additional really LOW percentage watch??? and bring the overall average tumbling down??? the maths don't make sense! for this unusually HIGH percentage watch vid, and, i've no doubt, for all other vids including ones where figures suggest folk hardly stop by at all! as people have suggested - ignore those crazy made-up numbers and just keep plinking! :rock:

Top Bottom