Bringing an end to Yrs of frustration.

Kibes37

Reaction score
I have been trying to get rid of white noise in my videos for years. It’s kinda my fault, I have never bought super high quality mics, but this video and app just changed the game. In fact I posted a video yesterday in “links and videos” on this site with horrific white noise. However, I just played with this and it worked! I figured this could be a cheap fix for some of you out there!

https://youtu.be/-bQnTikqHg0

By the way I’m not affiliated with the app and it’s not the easiest to learn. May want to play with free version and make sure you like it. Paid version is 10 bucks and it still does not hold a candle to a high quality set up. Just wanted to add that.

Very cool. Too bad you cant do a video directly? You have to extract the audio and then re-add it to the video?

I haven’t tried yet, but prior to this app I would run garage band in the background while I took a video. Then I would load both the video and audio into iMovie and sync them up. I think this app will run in the background too and the same is possible. I’m still tinkering with this new app. It’s quite deep and taking me awhile to understand it’s other functions.

I use an app called Brusfri that is very simple to use, and goes on practically every recorded track on iPad. For videos I do have to use the "extract audio/process separately/add back to video edit" workflow but the results are well worth it.

Last edited:
Soundsoap works well (as plug-in or stand alone) and can be adjusted to nix all sorts of noise from AC to pops and hiss. It's great for stage recordings where AC hum and PA hiss seem to be normal. My home gear is clean enough I don't need it. I found for video work, the mic preamps in most cameras are terrible—full of hiss—especially with the gain levels needed for acoustic instruments. Using an dedicated audio recorder, e.g., Tascam or Zoom, and decent mics makes a huge improvement in noise reduction.

Top Bottom