FS: Ohana Mahogany Pineapple Sopranino w/ Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

eternal tinkerer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
FS: Ohana all-solid mahogany pineapple sopranino w/ optional soft case; I purchased this uke later last year from Mim's and since have changed the strings to Pepe Romero fluorocarbons. The uke has a wonderful warm bell-like sound and is in flawless condition (so surprisingly pleasant has been its tone that I've actually been perusing the selection of larger mahogany ukes, lol). I'm listing it for sale since I play my larger instruments more. Asking price is $100 shipped (including case, of course) to the continental U.S. Thanks.

Last edited:
You mentioned needing a bigger mahogany uke...I just completed a boat paddle concert scale made of Cuban mahogany from the Big Island. I'll be listing it in a day or two.DSCF0316.jpg

Does the price include shipping? I'm in Calif. Thanks DP

Sorry, I haven't tried putting a low G string on this particular uke. I've got a concert and tenor ukes that are my go-to for low G.

Price drop and weekend bump.

...I'm also going to try listing this little uke on other venues soon. So if someone here is thinking about adding this instrument to her or his collection, then let me know! Thanks all for your consideration.

I’m a weirdo and have a low G on my 11” scale sopranissimo. It’s a seaguar premium fluorocarbon. I think it’s the 140 lb line, but I’d need to check. Or maybe it was 1.4mm. Hmm. Its thick and needed the nut filed but I think it sounds pretty charming. It’s kinda got that classic woody soprano sound of thick strings on a small body. Of course, mine is acacia and it’s actually tuned as a reentrant baritone so my tastes are clearly a bit skewed. :)

A wound string might work better and/or sound better to some people’s ears. It would definitely sound different.

Interesting ideas for putting low G to these tiny ukes! The topic definitely is worthy of discussion and perhaps in its own thread.

Fortunately, this ukulele has found a new home, so I will close this thread. Thanks UU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom