Waiting!

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I'm in Day 12, waiting for a two-day delivery of a uke. Frustrating. I received the Grover #8 tuners that I'll be putting on it (Fluke Tenor) - some day.

It's funny how the mail is working. Some things come in two days, some take a week, and some take two weeks.

I'm in Day 12, waiting for a two-day delivery of a uke. Frustrating. I received the Grover #8 tuners that I'll be putting on it (Fluke Tenor) - some day.

It's funny how the mail is working. Some things come in two days, some take a week, and some take two weeks.

Yes. The mail has gotten slow in some areas since cuts were made last summer. First class letters that took 1-2 days now take 12 or more days. News reported it will take into February to clear the Holiday package backup in some locations.

USPS is a crap shoot. A few months ago, an uke from SoCal was sent to me on 2-3 day priority mail and took twelve days to arrive. At the beginning of December, I sent an uke back East and a package destined to the same city as my drop off(needed the receipt... I lived closer to the destination than the post office, lol). The one back East was delivered in two days, the local one took two weeks.

I would not send an uke via USPS right now.

A friend sent me a news story about the mail headed for Cleveland, OH. Packages and large envelopes had been diverted and held in Pittsburgh, PA. They filled a large room. Most had been there for months. Were finally "released" and loaded on tractor trailers to send to Cleveland.

The improvements made to make the Post Office more efficient were anything but.

Pray that your uke doesn't have to pass through the USPS Philadelphia distribution center. We mailed a package to relatives just outside of Philly
10 days before Christmas and they still haven't received it! It's been sitting there for about a month now.

A friend sent presents and cookies USPS Priority from Albany NY to family in Florida the week after Thanksgiving.

The package just arrived today.

On the other hand, some financial paperwork I sent First Class to Texas in May still hasn't arrived, although an Identical package I sent to Binghamton NY the same day arrived in 2 days.

I blame the Postmaster General. 100%.

It's still in Springfield, MA, and it's not arriving today. I could drive there and be home in a couple of hours, but the system doesn't work that way.

Pray that your uke doesn't have to pass through the USPS Philadelphia distribution center. We mailed a package to relatives just outside of Philly
10 days before Christmas and they still haven't received it! It's been sitting there for about a month now.

At a certain point, outgoing PA packages that normally would route through Philly were diverted to Florida instead.
In other words, the logjam in Philadelphia became so great the USPS decided to sort packages in Florida, even those addressed to in-state PA and Mid-Atlantic destinations.

!

~ S.

Top Bottom