VIDEO- WEN Rotary tool review

Beau Hannam Ukuleles

Reaction score
If you enjoy such videos, please subscribe :)

I, too, have close to a dozen Dremels, and another dozen I’ve held onto for parts. I’ve paid an average of $100 each for these tools. Some models just don’t last very long. I’ve learned to keep my receipts and I’ve had a few of them repaired under warranty.
But then I discovered the WEN. At 20% of the price (and that includes the flex shaft) it’s a real bargain. I bought three at once thinking they were disposable but after a few years all three are still running strong. I only wish they made a universal Chuck for it as the Drexel Chuck doesn’t fit but this isn’t a problem for dedicated tools anyway.

Last edited:
Dremel is the lutherie standard if you want to use the myriad of accessory bases, etc. For just freehand grinding, my Black and Decker Wizard, not made anymore, does accept the Dremel universal drill type chuck. They are variable speed and last forever. I see them on eBay for less than $10.00 I also like my 1/4" chuck variable speed Goxawee grinders. Like a Dremel on steroids. On Amazon for less than a Dremel. I have a couple of the newer rechargeable Dremels too. Pretty good tools, despite being Dremels.

Attachments

• DSC_0075.jpg
    DSC_0075.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 26
I got my WEN yesterday and it's amazing what you get for $20.00. Smokin deal. About to use it now
Thanks for the heads up Beau

Top Bottom