New old guy

mandobart

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just got my first uke, a Martin T1K from Mim's. I've played stringed instruments for 47 years, starting with violin, then adding acoustic guitar, electric bass, bluegrass fiddle, all members of the mandolin family.

I'll try not to be too much of that irritating new guy. Thanks for having me.

Welcome! Is there a desert part of Washington?

Welcome to UU, mandobart!

Enjoy all of you stringed instruments, but I think it will be hard to beat the uke.

Welcome to the UU Forum mandobart. Enjoy your Martin. I hope it holds your interest and it's fun for you to play.

Welcome! Is there a desert part of Washington?

Yes. I'm in Benton county. Very dry. Nearly no precipitation. But I'm at the confluence of three big rivers that collectively drain all the rain and snow between the Cascades and Rockies. So there is a lot of irrigation. Here is where all the apples, cherries, pears, peaches, plums, apricots, wheat, hops, asparagus, onions, lentils and potatoes come from.

Google shrub -steppe. That's us.

Welcome! That is a nice uke from a wonderful dealer.

Welcome! That's a nice uke to start off with, and you got it from a good source. I'm jealous of your stringed instrument ability, lol. I predict you will be adding to your uke collection in short time. Ukes are truly wonderful in their own right (coming from an old gal guitar player. ;))

Welcome! And thank the farmers for growing all that good stuff!
If I could play fiddle, I'd sell my ukes. But I can't, so I won't.

Top Bottom