Uke Charity Opportunity : ukes for school

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
Hey folks,

This is from a teacher friend here in North Carolina. You can donate any amount to help provide ukes for her school program. It's interesting that they can't use piano because of COVID restrictions but these ukes can be sanitized between uses to provide music instruction.

For full details and to donate, here's the site:
https://www.donorschoose.org/project/who-doesnt-love-a-ukulele/5302584/

Here's the summary:
Check out what Mrs. Heller wants for her students in this amazing project: Who Doesn't Love a Ukulele?.

Mrs. Heller is using DonorsChoose to request things for her students. It's an online charity that makes it easy for anyone to help teachers and students.

If you chip in to help her project (or any other one on the site), you'll get photos from the teacher and thank-you notes to see the impact you made.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing this out. Jim's link didn't work, but searching for “Who Doesn't Love a Ukulele?” did the trick. Donation made. She's about half way to her goal. Let's get her there. Make a donation in appreciation of Jim's contributions at UU

Donorschoose is one of the sites i like to check when making donations. I’ve been focusing on food banks & animal rescue lately, so thanks for the reminder to keep them in mind too. Donation made.

Wow! This project is completely funded! Mostly thanks to UU!

You've put 10 ukuleles into the hands of I'm sure dozens of kids.

UU rocks!
:shaka:

Update on this from the teacher
Thank you so much for your contribution to this project. I have been playing ukuleles with all my students, K-5th graders. They are doing an amazing job and are so excited to have the opportunity to learn to play ukulele. We have started with learning 1 finger chords and play along with several youtube play-along videos. My 3-5th graders have been able to also learn the "F" chord which allows them to play along with more music. We work all week and then they pick which song they want to perform and their teachers have really enjoyed watching them perform. Many of them have recorded it and sent it to parents. It has been so much fun being able to have all my students learn and play an actual instrument. Thank you all again for your contributions!

With gratitude,
Mrs. Heller

Top Bottom