Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 states ukulele collection idea

Default 50 states ukulele collection idea

I was gazing with some pride at my ukulele collection last night--down to five, thank goodness--and mulling over their origin stories, thinking about where they were made and by whom when I realized of the five, three are from different states, and three from different countries. And then I came up with my ukulele collection idea:

The Fifty States [Plus Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and the Northern Mariana Islands, as desired] Ukulele Collection!

What do you think, Jerry, do you want to take this on? Anyone?

We could also come up with a virtual collection by listing our own US-built ukes, and see how many of those places we can cover.

It's something I could get truly patriotic about.

All right, here's what we have so far. At a certain point, I'm sure we'll have to stop counting Magic Fluke.

California: Drewek Lutherie, David Iriguchi, Kala Elite
    Colorado: Beau Hannam, David Hanson
    Florida: Jonathan Dale
    Georgia: David Hanson
    Hawaii: Bradford Donaldson, Imua, Koaloha, Mele
    Illinois: Harmony, Globe, Kay, Silvertone
    Massachusetts: Magic Fluke (2)
    Michigan: Bruce Herron (2)
    Minnesota: Pete/Shelley Mai
    New York: Zither Heaven
    Oregon: Perry/Terry Bullard, Covered Bridge, David Ingalls (2), Outdoor
    Pennsylvania: Jonathan Dale
    Last edited by Ziret; 01-27-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Perhaps each one should be made from native woods

Quote Originally Posted by Ziret View Post
    I was gazing with some pride at my ukulele collection last night--down to five, thank goodness--and mulling over their origin stories, thinking about where they were made and by whom when I realized of the five, three are from different states, and three from different countries. And then I came up with my ukulele collection idea:

The Fifty States [Plus Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and the Northern Mariana Islands, as desired] Ukulele Collection!

We could also come up with a virtual collection by listing our own US-built ukes, and see how many of those places we can cover.

Are there good ukulele builders in all 50 states?

Quote Originally Posted by EDW View Post
    Perhaps each one should be made from native woods
    That would up the ante and make it even more interesting. And would each be entirely native woods, or would partially qualify?

Are there good ukulele builders in all 50 states?

I don't know! I think we might have to give Wyoming a pass. Or hold its place till someone starts building there. OTOH, define good

Quote Originally Posted by Ziret View Post

I chill ran up my spine when I saw your title. Now that I have an even 100, I'm not looking to buy any more. I already have license plates from all fifty states, and that's enough. I bet there are ukulele makers in all fifty states.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    I chill ran up my spine when I saw your title. Now that I have an even 100, I'm not looking to buy any more. I already have license plates from all fifty states, and that's enough. I bet there are ukulele makers in all fifty states.
    Congratulations Jerry on 100! Did you mark the moment with anything special? And - have you started to build the extra room for the museum?

Confluence of the Mississippi and Rum Rivers

Well I've got three state covered. HI, MA, CA and one other country Canada........That's about as many as I can handle at one time......

Quote Originally Posted by Ed1 View Post
    Congratulations Jerry on 100! Did you mark the moment with anything special? And - have you started to build the extra room for the museum?
    Yes, I did: I'm looking for more bottles and cans to return to get money to pay down the credit cards.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Last night I tried jokingly to post, listing China about 29 times, plus a few other places for my 36 ukes and bass uke, but the forum software would not let me. First it deemed it as spam, then it said I posted too many times no matter how long I waited. I hope this goes.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 38)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers
    Last edited by kohanmike; 01-23-2021 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    But the seed is planted.

When you have a chance, would you jot down the states you have covered, and let us know?

Thread Information