Ukulele Binding sizes

Tigerfang

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’m building a ukulele for my first client, and we’ve been discussing binding and rosette designs. I’ve built a couple guitars previously so I know how the process works, but I was wondering about typical dimensions for Ukes. How wide are common bindings? I’d love to see some pics of different sizes if you have them as well. Thanks in advance!

- Seth

Last edited:
I buy mine from Stew Mac. I know, I know, I could make my own, but...

Dimensions are: 0.080" thick, 0.250" tall and 33-1/2" long (2.03mm x 6.35mm x 850.90mm).

Since these bindings are primarily sized for guitars, I set my binding a little proud on the sides and prouder on the top making the side profile smaller. I think since an ukulele is smaller than a guitar the proportion of binding size should be smaller also. So mine turn out about 60 thick, 200 tall. Some pix below: Shown are curly maple and cocobolo.

binding.jpg

binding2.jpg

Haha, yea I’ll probably be in the same boat. I’m just getting started building guitars and ukuleles so there’s some things that I’m doing to make my life easier! Thanks for the pics! Those Ukes look great!

Top Bottom