D'Addario/Planet Waves NS Ukulele Capo Pro

mikelz777

Reaction score
capo.jpg

I once owned a Shubb ukulele capo but I rarely used it and ended up selling it. While I still would not need a capo very often, I have found myself lately wishing I still had one for a couple of songs I've been working on.

There probably isn't a capo out there that isn't obtrusive to some degree big or small but I was wondering if anyone out there has had experience with the D'Addario/Planet Waves NS Ukulele Capo Pro and if so, is it unobtrusive as far as capos go? I liked the performance of the Shubb but it did get in the way enough that I'm looking into the Daddario capo as a new capo instead and in general, I think I prefer an adjustable tension capo over the spring loaded ones.

I use one for my 6 and 12 string guitars and it works well with a range of different neck shapes and sizes. I am looking forward to hearing the opinions about the uke size model.

The uke size model works nicely. Even pressure and light enough to not bring the uke out of balance. Recommended.

I use the Planet Waves on my banjo and like it a lot. It's very light compared to a Shubb and doesn't seem to get in the way. When I bought it, the cardboard packaging said it was a ukulele capo, but it works just fine on my 5 string banjos. I haven't tried it on a uke yet, but I will right now.

I just tried it and it doesn't get in the way at all when you play in first position. I think you'll be happy with it.

The Planet Waves/D'Addario capo is very unobtrusive. I agree with Jim, it doesn't get in the way. It's easy to dial in the tension you want on the strings. The only drawback is that it isn't as fast to put on and take off as the Shubb.

Thanks for the replies, I'm sold! I just placed an order for one. At less than $14 delivered and anticipated infrequent use, how bad could it be? ;)

Top Bottom