Dipping my toes in the Vintage pond.

MJB

Reaction score
Today I ordered a 1950s style O Martin.

It's described as being in great condition with only some cosmetic scratches and no functional issues.

I should have it late next week. 30 day trial so if I don't bond with it it goes back but I'm expecting good things. :D

Congrats. You probably can't go wrong with that choice!

My own experience with purchasing vintage Martins has been good. Wish you luck with yours! Let us know the outcome once it arrives.

I am quite happy that it is. I hope you enjoy yours. Please let us know how it plays. The one I played is fantastic, it is also from the '50s. I am a bit jealous of you, but happy for you at the same time. Have fun

Thanks Mike!

I'll give a full report after I spend some time with it.

Mike

It doesn't get much better, IMO!
There are enough vintage Martin's at GC that anyone interested should keep their eyes open.
I expect prices to compete and fall there.

Nice score MJB! I absolutely love my vintage Style 1 Martin. The tone is incredible. Enjoy.

It's here! Got a few dings and one previous owner put his name on the inside back (look in the soundhole).

It is in great shape as advertised. I brought it up to pitch and just played it for a few minutes. I'm going to let it sit overnight and play it some more tomorrow. Light as a feather and sounds sweet.

vintage1.jpg

vintage2.jpg

Congratulations, MJB! Looks wonderful! I have a Martin S-0 that is a real standout, though of course not considered vintage by any means at this point-- maybe long after I'm dead and gone it will be!

Top Bottom