Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 467 - Out of This World

This is a Moody Blues song about a planet that just wants some people to come live on it already, played with the ElectroHarmonix Mel9 pedal simulating a Mellotron orchestra sound.

Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

an original song written just now for the season
    and a nasty little bugger it is...

A quick original tune and a walk in a park on a sunny day.

Hello again, Edwin! This is a song from the wonderfully bonkers Neil Innes, which I think, fits perfectly into the week. The only version I could find was Neil's original, which goes back to 1980, and in which he inexplicably appears in blackface as Dr. Who (the Tom Baker incarnation.) This came accompanied with the lyrics, which, for some reason, ended up in Chinese. I have put up the lyrics for the last verse (in English) ... please feel free to join in!

Last edited by LimousinLil; 01-27-2021 at 07:26 AM.
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Season 467 and a little known ditty at a relaxed pace. It is important to note that
    no scutters were harmed in the making of this pile of old toot.

Walking on the Moon, by the Police. I did this one a while back, but wanted to try it again on a different uke, strung low-G, and Bb tuning.

John

Hi folks! I've tossed and turned trying to come up with the right thing for this season. My first choice got scooped up on day 1, but I may record it, yet. Here is choice number two. I had a stab at the spacey intro, but made a hash of it, so the beginning of this piece is quite abrupt, due to cutting room floor issues. A bit of a rough effort, if I'm honest, oh well.

Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In
    James Rado/Gerome Ragni-lyrics
    Galt MacDermot-music

Hello folks. Sorry it's been a while.

I broke my finger so I wasn't playing for ages. I was told my ring finger was permanently fused at the knuckle, I wasn't sure I would be able to play again. It's a real joy to be able to play now.

This is a one take wonder, so forgive any rough edges.

Last edited by chris667; 01-27-2021 at 12:37 PM.

I've missed a few weeks recently. I've got involved in another project with a group I belong to. We've been recording music to use as background for someone's walking videos. Keeps us occupied while we can't meet up and play together during the pandemic. It has involved me playing blowy and squeezy things and no Uke. We have four other string plinkers in the group.

I'm applying the Thornton Rule here. Out of this world is where you go when your time on this earth is up. If you're a deep sea fisherman, it's Fiddlers' Green. Written by John Connolly from Grimsby, once one of the UK's major fishing ports. The less said about the UK's fishing industry these days, the better.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

We're up to 42 songs on the playlist now, which seems like pretty good going to me. Thanks for all your contributions!

You're clearly all enjoying the intergalactic theme, but don't forget that if that doesn't inspire you, or if you want a bit of variety, you can also bring a song that teaches us something - doesn't have to be of an interplanetary nature, it could be anything, as long as it's informative.
    - Edwin

Thread Information