Season 467 - Out of This World

My second (and last) contribution to this week's "Out of this World" Season.
Human explorers far from home befriend some local fauna, because they are missing their pets back home.

A Sci-Fi short story in song.

Note: my clothing is the nearest I could find to a spacesuit :eek:

Hope you enjoy:

I love this song but have to say I prefer the Zed’s Dead remix. Unfortunately can’t really recreate the drop on the ukulele!

I see a need for this one.

I see a need for this one.

Youtube seems to be struggling with this one... otherwise, the playlist is up to date. Some great new ones have come in in the last day or so, don't forget to check them out!

The story behind the song goes that they had been trying to write something all night long and weren't finding anything when the bassist played the signature riff... the drummer looked out the window and noticed it was getting near dawn...

this, a final original song for the week from me.
thank you again Edwin for hosting and the inspiration to write.

Bit rough, but I ran out of time. Here is my arrangement of Jupiter. I worked on the guitar arrangement by P. DeWalt (as found on 8notes.com).

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your contributions this week, we've definitely had a good look around the universe, but we've now reached the end and it's time to come back down to Earth. I'll aim to post some kind of proper summary in the next day or so, but for now, don't forget to check out any songs you might have missed, especially those posted later in the week.

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your contributions this week, we've definitely had a good look around the universe, but we've now reached the end and it's time to come back down to Earth. I'll aim to post some kind of proper summary in the next day or so, but for now, don't forget to check out any songs you might have missed, especially those posted later in the week.
Deadlines 11 am Edwin so Its not over until the fat man sings.....here's the last one from the fat man singing :D Psssst........Your first season was a blinder, cheers for kicking the doors open.

Last edited:
Deadlines 11 am Edwin so Its not over until the fat man sings.....here's the last one from the fat man singing :D Psssst........Your first season was a blinder, cheers for kicking the door

I make it 1am in Hawaii (well, Google does, at least), but I also don't care enough to argue so I'm adding this to the playlist anyway :). Will have a listen later on.

Edwin - forgot to mention last night I owe you some thanks. A song I wouldn't have written if not for this season, Constellations, has ended up being my first song on Spotify, my first song played on a radio, and now someone from my local open mic has asked to cover it! So thank you for the inspiration.

Top Bottom