Season 467 - Out of This World

I just tried again and again to do "Fly Me to the Moon" but it's so bad I wouldn't want to bring down the entire thread by posting it, so anyone with the wherewithal, please do it

Please bring It. The real challenge of the seasons Isn't about competing against others but challenging and competing against your own abilities. I've always viewed the seasons as a great practice board for my own journey of evolving and Improving, everything else doesn't matter 'cos Its ego stuff !!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! We've had a great first day exploring the solar system and more distant stars. We now have 15 songs on the playlist, which I believe is up to date up to this point in the thread. Thanks for your contributions, and please keep 'em coming!

I second mythinformed.

Do bring your version, post it on YouTube so that only people with the link can see it, and this Sunday after midnight in Hawaii you can change the settings to 'private' and then we won't see it anymore.

Couldn't agree more with Ms Bean and Mark's sentiment! When I first started participating here, I spent way too much time agonizing over tiny mistakes. When I go back and watch some of those videos later, i've hardly noticed the glitches and as Mark mentioned, it's a great way to monitor your growth!

I second mythinformed.

Do bring your version, post it on YouTube so that only people with the link can see it, and this Sunday after midnight in Hawaii you can change the settings to 'private' and then we won't see it anymore.

Couldn't agree more with Ms Bean and Mark's sentiment! When I first started participating here, I spent way too much time agonizing over tiny mistakes. When I go back and watch some of those videos later, i've hardly noticed the glitches and as Mark mentioned, it's a great way to monitor your growth!

Just to add to the chorus... I'd love to hear it! Indeed, that goes for anyone who wants to play a tune. What counts as "bad" for a lot of people is something I can only aspire to after all! And in the end, it's just a bit of fun.

Hope you're enjoying your first week hosting Edwin. Here's an original that came to me this afternoon

Hi everyone. We are settled in our new place but far from unpacked. I made sure to have a uke or three handy, even so! If you watched The Drew Carey Show back in the day (with Ryan Stiles, Craig Ferguson, and Diedrich Bader, among others), you may recall Drew sang this ditty to open the first season. “We’re going bowling ... “

A song written by Michael Peter Smith "Such Things Are Finely Done"

Lyrics:
The turning of the planets
In their appointed rounds
The timing of the universal clock's
Slow winding down
The last blue star of morning
To greet the risen sun

(chorus)
Every sense and mind agrees
An artist lives in all of these
One who knows intrinisically
Such things are finely done
Such things are finely done

The forest turns to summer
For a billion shades of green
As the sea turns to the sunlight
For bright aquamarine
The way that my love turns to me
To say that we are one

(chorus)

Some say it was a Big Bang
Others seven days
But in this clockwork universe
With its convoluted ways
There's doubt for those with evidence
And faith for those with none

A bit outside my vocal comfort range but you can't win em all

thank you for hosting this week Edwin
this, a song by the Buchanan Brothers

Another in the series of very nerdy and esoteric geology field trip camp fire songs that I have shared here on the seasons. This one combines teaching/learning with cosmogenesis, a process that involves the bombardment of Earth with high-energy intergalactic particles. I have tried to explain in the YT description instead of boring you all here.

Thanks for hosting Edwin. Good luck your first week back at uni.

Hi everyone! Thanks for your contributions. The playlist is up to date up to this point (the first, and maybe not the last, Bowie song for the week :)). I don't think I've missed anything, but please shout if I have.

We've had 22 great contributions so far, and I'm especially enjoying hearing the originals that people are coming up with. I look forward to more!

I've got moon madness for this season a popular swing tune.If you want to learn this check the excellent tutorial by Mr Phil Doleman on youtube

Hey, Edwin!
Cheers for hosting! Here's a suitably otherworldly B-52's classic on 8 string bari, 6 string tenor and melodica.
For the visuals, I nicked a load of bits from 50's/60's sci-fi movies which seemed appropriate.
I managed to sneak myself in there a couple of times...

This seems like as good a time as any to join in the fun. Here's a jolly little Byrds number:

Top Bottom