Weymann ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDW

Reaction score
FYI- I thought I would point this one out. Some months back I bought this Weymann. It is a wonderful instrument made in 1920 in the Martin style. There are a couple of details that are slightly different, otherwise you would easily think it is a Martin build from the looks and playing. It has a lovely classic mahogany ring with nice depth as one would expect.

I sent it up to Jake to have a number of issues corrected. He did some wonderful work, including installing Peghed tuners to replace the wooden ones, which retail for around $80. There is also a new Gator Journeyman case included. I think these retail for around $77. You would have an instrument in beautiful shape, no issues to deal with.

The only reason I am selling it is because I have a Martin from around the same era and since they are SO close, I don't really need two. I am trying to keep life simple, LOL. Jake still has the instrument as I wanted to avoid additional shipping back and forth.

Let me know if there are questions I can answer. Send me a PM or email

https://jakewildwood.blogspot.com/p...yle-10-Soprano-Ukulele/p/286471692/category=0

Last edited:
Yes, it has "that sound". It is also made from lovely ribbon-y old mahogany. Depending on one's taste, it might be a great choice for some nice nylon strings or nylguts, or perhaps D tuning.

Listening to the clip and looking at the pics with the upgrades is almost giving me second thoughts, but I am trying to focus a little more on playing rather than buying. I know there are many here who know what a slippery slope that one is!

Wonderful uke.
Seems this one has had all the work done that resolves my problems with the one I had.
I couldn't bear to change the original, yet I couldn't stand those wooden tuners.
Like mine, it sounds fantastic.
Did you ever weigh it? Mine was a feather light 8.2 ounces with the wooden tuners.

Yes, all the work has been done so someone can get it with no worries. The Pegheds are great because they keep the vintage look and are so easy to use. The wooden ones that were there had some issues. I believe it is closer to 10 oz, but I am not positive on that.

Last edited:
These are great ukes, and Jakes work and setups are 2nd to none!

Yes, there is a reason that many people mistake them as having been made by Martin!

BTW, this is also on Reverb. Feel free to make offers (purchase, sorry no trades)

Still looking for a good home!

Let me give a little bump for this lovely vintage mahogany soprano. Maybe someone wants a really sweet instrument and would like to make an offer. See the original listing for the link and details

I don't see it on Reverb or Jakewildwood.blog.com any more, has it been sold?

Yes, I believe it was sold a couple of days ago. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom