Review: Mahalo MK1tbs Kahiko Series Soprano Ukulele

UkeStuff

Reaction score
This would be my first ukulele, officially, although I only bought it to determine the feasibility of adding ukulele to my middle school choir program in 2015.

Ukulele was a hot topic at the time (it still is, but the ukulele has been accepted in schools today, even though it still isn't in all schools, where as in 2015, it was going through that acceptance mode).

I didn't know anything--but some basic research led me to want to find a ukulele that didn't have friction tuners. That's probably still good advice for schools, and I've seen bad friction tuners on some new instruments (e.g. a terrible Rouge at Guitar Center). But not all friction tuners are bad--as we know.

I'll eventually review everything in my collection, especially when I have a week where I have no instrument to move up in my review order. So it was time to review this one...and it's still available, just as I bought these for my school. Musician's Friend has one (at least) for $19.99 in their warehouse sale...but no, I wouldn't recommend it. The quality standards on most ukuleles have passed this model by.

Full UkeGuide Review below, as well as the One Minute Review.

Top Bottom