Kamaka HF-1 sound samples (if you have an Android phone/tablet)

clear

Reaction score
Hi,

I sampled some sounds and put it into an Android app. If you have a phone/tablet; you can try to run it.

So, if you ...

trust me (hey, what's not to trust from a fellow UU memeber you've never met before?)

trust Android's permissions (even if you don't trust me with your life, Android, assuming written as intended, has permissions in place to guard against bad app behavior so long as you don't grant the app any permissions, and this app doesn't need any permission grants),

trust Google drive (where you assume that people don't heck Google drive and replace my app with another),

trust this website (to not messing with links)

trust HTTPS (where your Internet service provider might send you fake contents).

My oh my, so many trust requirements in this day and age. I think I'm the most trustworthy source in the above list.

Anyway,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BRD8-v7DOiJkl3Ua23Q4BY03R36X-VGg/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Only a single note for the HF-1 was sampled; the rest of the notes and chords were created using resampling, similar to the tone generator

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adamtai.tonegenerator (see Snark thread).

The HF-1 sound sample wasn't very good, it's got a lot of noise because I sampled it during the day. I'll resample it next weekend at night when everything is quiet; the HF-2 sample for the tone generator was very good, IMHO. The virtual Kamaka only knows HF-1 right now, but I'll add HF-2 to it.

Hi,

I sampled some sounds and put it into an Android app. If you have a phone/tablet; you can try to run it.

So, if you ...

trust me (hey, what's not to trust from a fellow UU memeber you've never met before?)

trust Android's permissions (even if you don't trust me with your life, Android, assuming written as intended, has permissions in place to guard against bad app behavior so long as you don't grant the app any permissions, and this app doesn't need any permission grants),

trust Google drive (where you assume that people don't heck Google drive and replace my app with another),

trust HTTPS (where your Internet service provider might send you fake contents).

My oh my, so many trust requirements in this day and age. I think I'm the most trustworthy source in the above list.

Anyway,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BRD8-v7DOiJkl3Ua23Q4BY03R36X-VGg/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for sharing! Kamaka is on my shortlist for a future instrument and has been for a while. The build quality of everything I've tried has been fantastic. They are light, delicate, precisely built, and with excellent koa. I think of the Hawaiian K-brands, Kamaka has the most balanced sound (while Kanilea tends to me to sound boomier, deeper, and darker, and Koaloha tends to sound loud, bright, and with lots of treble).

Hi,

So, if you ...

Anyway,

Even if an app tester believes you as a member of UU!
So what is the guarantee that there will be no malware in the app?

Last edited:
Top Bottom