Farida Ukulele

vcs700s

Reaction score
I’ve been looking at some different Ukes made in the style of Martin. I found Farida on Elderly’s site.

Anyone here have one? Your thoughts on quality, sound and playability if you do.

If you do please let me know which model you have.

I am looking at sopranos.

Last edited:
As much as this line appealed to me (I was the one who made that other post), if you're going to buy a soprano I would just go for a vintage Martin.
There's so many out there, for the money they are hard to beat. American made!
And if you score a deal on a beat up one, the price will be similar.

Top places to look are Ebay and Reverb. And Guitar Center has a slew of them right now, you'll find something under $500 for sure, and $300-$400 if you get lucky.

And there's a fellow here who fixes them up, I'm spacing on who it is. I came so close to buying one from him a couple times...

Last edited:
Oh, Vic. I didn't realize this was you.
You have certainly already had vintage Martins come through your playing hands!

Oh, Vic. I didn't realize this was you.
You have certainly already had vintage Martins come through your playing hands!

It’s me!:) I did have one I purchased off reverb. Sold it. I have an SK-38 that is an Ohana copy of a vintage Martin. I love everything about it. I may get something else that is similar. We’ll see.

I looked at the ones on Reverb. Good prices for solid mahogany Martin clones, and the cedar top ones are nice, too.

I’ve been looking at some different Ukes made in the style of Martin. I found Farida on Elderly’s site.

Anyone here have one? Your thoughts on quality, sound and playability if you do.

If you do please let me know which model you have.

I am looking at sopranos.
I was at Elderly today ( 1/7/22 ) and was able to test drive the Farida ukes. I must say I was very impressed. Great build quality, fit and finish looked perfect and they played and sounded really good. They appeared to me to be a very good deal at their respective prices. They performed significantly above the asking price. I will say though that nothing came close to a 1920's Martin soprano they had for sale. That thing was awesome. It was $2400 but if I had the money I would have bought it.

I'm intrigued by the Farida Mahogany Concert , model KAC-NC .
Anyone have a chance to compare it to the Pono MC ?

I was at Elderly today ( 1/7/22 ) and was able to test drive the Farida ukes. I must say I was very impressed. Great build quality, fit and finish looked perfect and they played and sounded really good. They appeared to me to be a very good deal at their respective prices. They performed significantly above the asking price. I will say though that nothing came close to a 1920's Martin soprano they had for sale. That thing was awesome. It was $2400 but if I had the money I would have bought it.
Farida is Elderly's house brand, correct? This sounds familiar to me but I could be way off base on this.

Just a heads up but just confirmed the factory that made the Faridas shut down a few years ago and the owner of Elderly Instruments who designed them is semi retired. So what they have now is it forever. I hear good things so might be another reason if you are on the fence.

Top Bottom