Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Mind Blown! Adventure of a lifetime - Feng E

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    449

    Default Mind Blown! Adventure of a lifetime - Feng E

    Wow...

    I guess his awesomeness outgrew the backseat of the car.

    I love this song.

    Everyone I know who is into the ukulele is 'crackers' so get yourself a few and enjoy yourselves - George Harrison

    Some of my faves right now: *Kamaka HF-3D2I *Kamaka HF-3D Anniversary *Kamaka HB-2D *Sumi Kobo Spruce/Maple Tenor *Blackbird Farallon Sunburst *Blackbird Clara *KoAloha KTM-00 *Concert Flea

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Yes he is amazing and a rare talent.

    He probably has perfect pitch and learn everything by ear to be able to play so many songs at such a high level......... no need for tabs or buying books like us mere mortals.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunshiNee View Post
    Yes he is amazing and a rare talent.

    He probably has perfect pitch and learn everything by ear to be able to play so many songs at such a high level......... no need for tabs or buying books like us mere mortals.
    Yeah, I remember reading one of the comments on one of his videos. Someone asked him for the tabs, and he replied, he doesn't tab things out - so he could not provide them.

    If only...
    Everyone I know who is into the ukulele is 'crackers' so get yourself a few and enjoy yourselves - George Harrison

    Some of my faves right now: *Kamaka HF-3D2I *Kamaka HF-3D Anniversary *Kamaka HB-2D *Sumi Kobo Spruce/Maple Tenor *Blackbird Farallon Sunburst *Blackbird Clara *KoAloha KTM-00 *Concert Flea

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,977

    Default

    I think I recall reading on UU that he got cut from a talent show recently? I think that he could have a good career in music. If the person who won the contest is better, they must be pretty astounding!

    Thanks for posting this. He's impressive.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Wowzer.

    Got a message the one word post above is too short. So I'll say it again.

    Wowzer.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Uke View Post
    I think I recall reading on UU that he got cut from a talent show recently? I think that he could have a good career in music. If the person who won the contest is better, they must be pretty astounding!

    Thanks for posting this. He's impressive.
    He was on America Got Talent. And unfortunately, they overstaged his performance with building a stage for him with special effects and gave him a "showoff" song. This channeling of Jimi Hendrix did not play well, especially when some of his best is when he is in the back seat of a car playing, more like Car Pool Karaoke. So he lost the fan vote to get into the finals or semifinals (don't remember which one).

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Honoka'a, HI
    Posts
    1,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow21 View Post
    He was on America Got Talent. And unfortunately, they overstaged his performance with building a stage for him with special effects and gave him a "showoff" song. This channeling of Jimi Hendrix did not play well, especially when some of his best is when he is in the back seat of a car playing, more like Car Pool Karaoke. So he lost the fan vote to get into the finals or semifinals (don't remember which one).
    Yeah, it was pretty terrible. But probably a blessing in disguise. If he sticks with it he'll be able to do whatever he wants without as much ego baggage on his young self. He's got no shortage of chops for 13 or however old he is now.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    202

    Default

    carpool karaoke? how about carseat kanikapila?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrdr View Post
    Yeah, I remember reading one of the comments on one of his videos. Someone asked him for the tabs, and he replied, he doesn't tab things out - so he could not provide them.

    If only...
    That might have been when he was younger. Feng E has 42 tabs on MusicNotes.com now. https://www.musicnotes.com/sheet-music/artist/feng-e

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Good to know but not for me. Iʻm not going to spend 10 dollars on an arrangement I canʻt play

    Quote Originally Posted by man0a View Post
    That might have been when he was younger. Feng E has 42 tabs on MusicNotes.com now. https://www.musicnotes.com/sheet-music/artist/feng-e

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •