String Tension Aquilla vs "Martin M600" / Worth clear

Joralin

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I bought a really light concert ukulele that has already a tiny bit of a belly.

Nothing to worry about so far, but I want it to stay as it is.

Therefore I want to choose strings without too much tension for my Uke.

My favorites are "Martin M600" and "Worth Clear", the ukulele is strung with "Aquilla Nylguts".

I heard that Nylguts pull harder (with more force) on the soundboard than fluorocarbon strings, even if the carbons feel more tight and hard on the hands.

Is that true, or have the Martin M600 Strings more tension and I should better use Aquillas?

Someone on here has posted some tension charts but can't find them quickly. I vaguely recall that fluorocarbon generally can accomplish very high tension as they have high density and are thin. Therefore they appear often louder and higher pitched. D'Addario has a tension calculator where you can see the tension of different string sets and you can change many things. If you get thin nylon strings your tension would be lowest.

Thank you.

From what i calculated and heared so far, its nearly impossible that "Martin M600" Strings have 13 kg tension per string (thats what i read somewhere).

Aquillas have between 3 - 4,5 kg and most of the fluorocarbon strings about the same or even less. (Worth have only ca 3,5).

Thank you.

From what i calculated and heared so far, its nearly impossible that "Martin M600" Strings have 13 kg tension per string (thats what i read somewhere).

Aquillas have between 3 - 4,5 kg and most of the fluorocarbon strings about the same or even less. (Worth have only ca 3,5).

Some people add all strings up to get total tension so it is possible that this is for the Martin set.

Top Bottom