Sold: Antica Ukuleleria Sacco soprano

rainbow21

UU VIP
Reaction score
Price: $525 includes shipping to ConUSA. Cost to me with shipping from Italy was about $675. Includes soft case that was ordered with the uke. Wait time otherwise may be half a year.

Like new condition, hand built soprano by Marco Todeschini. This is THE actual ukulele reviewed by by Barry at GotAUkulele. Best to let you read the review, with sound sample:

https://www.gotaukulele.com/2020/07/antica-ukuleleria-sacco-soprano-ukulele.html

Selling because I found the wider flat fretboard is difficult for me to fret and I already have a Blackbird Clara, so this uke is not being played.

Best to email me at dwdong21@yahoo.com.

Antica Utica Uke-1759.jpg

Antica Utica Uke-1763.jpg

Antica Utica Uke-1761.jpg

Antica Utica Uke-1765.jpg

What is the width of the fretboard? How would you describe the sound? How is the shape to hold and play. I really liked this Uke and process when it came out. I studied the well done videos for a long time. I asked if they could make a tenor, and Marco said he might.....but to date.........nothing. I don’t play this size but good luck with sale and I. Curious on answers to my questions. Thanks

What is the width of the fretboard? How would you describe the sound? How is the shape to hold and play. I really liked this Uke and process when it came out. I studied the well done videos for a long time. I asked if they could make a tenor, and Marco said he might.....but to date.........nothing. I don’t play this size but good luck with sale and I. Curious on answers to my questions. Thanks

Nut is 37-38 mm wide. String spacing is 30 mm. I find holding the uke easy in that the narrow body is comfortable and the shape really is not noticed because it rests like the lower bout of a regular shaped uke. It is loud and bright... don't know how to describe it more and recommend listening to Barry's sound sample.

He makes this only in soprano size. In order to do this, he had to construct a mold and all the paraphernalia to make it work. Making another size would require a huge amount of work.

That still hasn't sold? I'm surprised. I received mine yesterday afternoon. It's beautiful!

No bites yet... but no rush either. I read your NUD post and laughed on the timing. I actually had to wait a few months after Barry's GotAUkulele review as he had a second Antica (the sopranino) to review before returning them to Marco. So I did not get it until end of September after contacting Marco right after the first review to reserve it.

I have a Blackbird Clara and wanted to see if it would be a soprano companion to it. Once I bought my Silver Anniversary Red Label KoAloha, I decided to let it go as I was not playing it very much and would take the Clara with me once travelling safely reopened.

Bump for this unique, hand made by Marco ukulele. Save yourself a half year wait with this "like new" one.

He makes this only in soprano size. In order to do this, he had to construct a mold and all the paraphernalia to make it work. Making another size would require a huge amount of work.

Correction. He's now making the tenor size now (see his website). Adds 100 Euro... to any configuration price. Wait is now to November.

Jerry... What were your shipping and Customs/Import charges? UPS stuck me with customs of $85 for a Libero and UFOS and Marco's shipping was close to $80. I hit the Euro exchange at it's peak :-(

Last edited:
Correction. He's the tenor size now (see his website). Adds 100 Euro... to any configuration price. Wait is now to November.

Jerry... What were your shipping and Customs/Import charges? UPS stuck me with customs of $85 for a Libero and UFOS and Marco's shipping was close to $80. I hit the Euro exchange at it's peak :-(

My total price included shipping of 85 Euros, about $100 USD and did not have any customs charges tacked on. I include shipping to the ConUSA without a wait and without rolling the dice on being surprised with a customs charge. Includes a review of the actual instrument by an expert!

Correction. He's the tenor size now (see his website). Adds 100 Euro... to any configuration price. Wait is now to November.

I'm glad he's making tenors now because that's a very popular size. Unfortunately, with a one-man operation, I can see the waiting time stretching out to years. I waited seven months for his standard soprano.

I paid the shipping charge, and that's all. I was hit with a big bill from UPS for something when they shipped the Kanile'a from England. The general opinion here at the time was that if the item being "imported" is over $800, you pay a fee.

Last edited:
The threshold sounds right. Later last year, I imported an uke out of the UK and ended up paying a fee because its declared value was over $800. The fee is something to think about when buying from overseas.

...Nice Sacco! The tenor version will be interesting. Sometimes a design looks perfect in a smaller size like this one. I wonder if the design will look and sound as good when it’s applied to the larger size?

Last edited:
With the Euro going "ape" in the last few months, it's really hard to make a purchase now, that won't be 'charged' for in the future. My original order was when the Euro was at $1.08 and the Libero was finished when it hit. $1.22 and shipping rates went up by 10 E as well. So it amounted to about a 13% increase in price, just because of the waiting period. Marco wasn't comfortable accepting full payment at order time ( he then only required a 100E down payment ). I like the Libero he made for me, but I doubt I'll be making any international purchases again. Worth considering if you're considering buying this used, well traveled :) luthier made, one of a kind instrument.

Thanks for heads up on Sacco tenor now available....sort. November is a long time and exchange and freight are brutal right now.

I’m going to check it out but........likely will wait for things to settle down.

This ukulele is still for sale. May interest someone looking for a wider spacing between strings and a different design and materials. Handmade.

Holiday sale... Price drop to $450.

Get this largely unplayed unique and cool ukulele for a bargain price. You will save over $200 (shipping from Italy is not cheap) from what you would pay Marco and not have to wait on his build list (first opening is now July 2022). It is sitting in its case, unplayed, and waiting for a new owner to love and cherish it.

Top Bottom