Favorite Sayings, or ones you just remember

Better to whole-a** one thing than to half-a** two.

“Always wear clean underwear, in case you are in an accident.”

(Thanks Mom...)

“Always wear clean underwear, in case you are in an accident.”

(Thanks Mom...)

Hahaha. Thinking back, this is good advice.

I was in a motorcycle accident and the paramedics had to cut me out of my suit. Although at the time I didn't think about my undies; my mind was all thinking: "Yes! finally I'm the cause of this enormous traffic backup. This is revenge for all the backups I suffered due to other people's accidents".

There is time for the things you truly want to do.

haha. The early bird gets the worm. The early worm gets eaten

Grandmother had this message on a plaque hanging in her kitchen:
"I'm not a fast cook.
I'm not a slow cook.
I'm a half fast cook."

"It's like deja vu all over again.", Yogi Berra

1. "Think how stupid the average person is and realize that half of them are stupider than that." 2."When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front row seat." I'm writing an essay on my favourite sayings using some help of https://www.topwritersreview.com/blog/best-essay-paper-writing-service-on-reddit/ . Once it's finished, I'll post it here maybe. By the ways these both from George Carlin

Last edited:
How can we forget the old adage " Anything larger than a soprano is cheating . " .

Try and try again. Then quit. No sense being a damn fool about it. WC Fields

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again (unless you're sky-diving)

Whilst in a morbid mood: “Steeple-Jacks never learn from their mistakes”.

Moving on, I think it should be: ‘If at first you don’t succeed then try again, but try differently’. That thought comes from: ‘If you always do what you’ve always done then you’ll always get what you’ve always got’. That repeatability of result might be self evident for some, but it doesn’t just apply to cake mixes ...

How can we forget the old adage " Anything larger than a soprano is cheating . " .

Well ‘I’ feel sure that that’s true, but at most that saying can only be 100 years old and I just can’t figure out which famous person gave us that wisdom. :eek:

Last edited:
My lovely old mum's best advice:
"Trust your instincts, son. You will make a lot of mistakes.".
My mum was crap at advice.

Top Bottom