FS: Boat Paddle Concert Ukulele (Koa/Maple)

Littlegman

Reaction score
FOR SALE: Boat Paddle Kayak Ukulele

Original owner, purchased in 2014 for $1250. One of the last “Boat Paddle” ukuleles before rebranding as “Hoffman.” Like a boat paddle, it is stoutly built, but with a deep resonance. Very sparsely played, it remains strung in low G, which I have occasionally tuned down a half step. (Not to disparage C-tuning, but the difference is quite remarkable!) I primarily play Hawaiian slack key songs, for which this ukulele has been a fabulous fit. It has a wider nut (1.5”) and side sound port hole. Included is the original Fremont “tweed” case and a fresh pack of strings. As the current strings have not been replaced in almost six years (last time I played it!), an immediate string change would be strongly recommended. Particulars below:

Body: Beautifully figured Koa
Neck: Spanish Cedar
Finger board and bridge: Maple
Tuners: Gotoh UPT
Scale: 15”
Width at nut: 1.5”
Side port sound hole
Condition: Mint!
Includes: Fremont case
New pack of strings (Southcoast Light Medium: wound basses)

$925 (free shipping in CONUS)

Attachments

• P1000842.jpg
    P1000842.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 78
  • P1000847.jpg
    P1000847.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 54
  • P1000874.jpg
    P1000874.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 122
  • P1000850.jpg
    P1000850.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 65
  • P1000902.jpg
    P1000902.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
With the strings it has (Southcoast linear mediums), the sound is quite warm. I have never strung them up with re-entrant strings, so I cannot comment on that setup. I neglected to mention that this uke does not have a slotted nut, but rather, a "pinned" nut, which I guess allows the accommodation of different gauge strings without the need for filing/filing the slots.

Price drop to $850.

A minimum of $250 of the proceeds will go to the Marine Mammal Center, which does amazing work rehabilitating injured and stranded seals and sea lions. If you have never heard of them but are curious about their mission, here is a link to their website:

https://www.marinemammalcenter.org/

Thank you for your consideration!

Top Bottom