Aloha from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

ukuleleeh

Reaction score
Hello Ukers!

My name's Robbie and I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I recently began playing ukulele after purchasing my dream uke, a KoAloha Pikake Concert, from HMS back in October. (I named her Cleo, and have attached a picture to the post). I'm here to develop my playing, while also making connections in both the local and international ukulele community.

Cheers,
Robbie :)

IMG_0727 2 copy.jpg

Hi Robulele, welcome to the Forum.

Cleo is a lovely Ko'Aloha. You're starting with an excellent instrument. I'm sure you will enjoy the journey learning with her.

Have fun!

Hi Robulele,
Toronto has a wonderful Ukulele community. I don't believe the Corktown Ukulele Jam is still active, but it had a super open mic and many of the participants are still playing.
Do you know Eve Goldberg? She's a great player, teacher and proponent of the ukulele in Toronto. Check her out on Facebook.
Nice to see a fellow Canuck here.

Welcome Robbie and a big hello from Chicago, your neighbor to the South!

Welcome and congratulations on your beautiful KoAloha.

Hi Robulele,
Toronto has a wonderful Ukulele community. I don't believe the Corktown Ukulele Jam is still active, but it had a super open mic and many of the participants are still playing.
Do you know Eve Goldberg? She's a great player, teacher and proponent of the ukulele in Toronto. Check her out on Facebook.
Nice to see a fellow Canuck here.

I don't believe the Corktown Ukulele Jam is happening anymore, though it could be on hiatus due to Covid. I know Hogtown Ukulele Club is in pandemic lockdown mode at the moment, along with the rest of Toronto. Good to know about Eve. I actually just began one-on-one classes with Jonah Davis. I plan on giving those a go, and move on from there. From everything I've seen, Toronto does have a great community of ukulele players.

I'll also say a huge thank you to everyone else who responded to this thread. It's nice to receive such a warm welcome from everyone :)

Welcome to UU! Congratulations on a beautiful dream ukulele!

Top Bottom