Grover #8- Comments?

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I'm wondering if I would be better off with Grover #8 tuners on my Fluke, rather than the standard #2. I really hate the tuners on it now. I always turn the knob too much or too little.

I've put geared tuners on most of my Magic Fluke instruments, but I bought a set of Grover #8 for this solid-bodied Fluke. The standard tuners are going. It's just a matter or choosing geared, Gotoh, or Grover #8.

I'd go for Gotoh UPTs, if possible...

They are bound to be much better than the 2s and cheaper than the UPTs. You may be happy with them. I find the Gotoh UPTs only nominally easier to use than the high-end Gotoh friction tuners and certainly no better at the basic job.

I'm going to disagree with some of the others and say that you shouldn't bother. The Grover 2s are already decent friction tuners. If you can't deal with them I doubt you'll be happy with only a slight upgrade. I'd say go for geared tuners, planetary or otherwise.

What is the ratio of the Grover #2 vs. #8?

I'd install whichever tuner you prefer. Otherwise, you're going to regret not using those, and will probably not play it very much as a result.

Regardless, good luck with the swap.

Top Bottom