Did Kanilea have a sizable price increase?

Doc_J

Reaction score
Watching some Kanilea ukes at HMS, and noticed one particular Kanilea changed prices from $1375 to $1725, overnight as we crossed from January 2021 to February 2021. Then saw other new Kanilea ukes with increased prices. While Kanilea ukes are worth their price, seems like a big jump in prices, IMHO. Maybe they changed their dealer arrangements as well.

Anyone else notice?

Last edited:
Ya I noticed it too. Saw that the K1-t's had gone up $150 bucks across the dealers. But I think all of the K-brands have went up in price over the past couple months. Koalohas went up like 2 months ago.

Makes sense due to the increased overhead due to the COVID thing. With over 30% of the Hawaii's working population unemployed, small businesses are stuck with rapidly increasing employment compensation insurance payments to the state, among many other higher costs.

I'm glad I'm done buying ukes. Knock on wood.

Even the lower end brands are increasing their price significantly. The lower end laminates of Kala (TEM) used to cost like 90USD 5 years ago but it is now it's around 130-140USD.

Top Bottom