Hello from Toulouse / France

Bus

Reaction score
Hello ukes lovers,

My name is Vincent, I live in Toulouse, in the south of France.
I worked for aero and Traffic control before covid, now I work for french spatial agency.

Passionate about rugby, motorcycle mechanics (preference for Ducati, so you may like mechanics...) and guitar/ukulele making and also playing but I have not a great level (like in English as you can see :D)

Until now, I did a stewmac tenor kit and a full koa soprano for a friend.
Several projects in progress, like an acajou soprano to offer to another friend, a telecaster (gibson diapason), an OM and a weissenborn in MonkeyPod.

As you can see, I don't get bored.
Looking forward to exchanging with all of you !

Vincent

Hi Vincent. Welcome to the UU Forum.

Not sure what a French Spacial Agency is. Unless you are referring to a Space Agency? (Like NASA here in the US?)

Sounds as though you are very good with your hands. I used to watch Moto GP races, but haven't for quite a while. Mostly follow F1 and Endurance racing. Occasional Rally.

Lots of guitar players here. Sadly, I am not one of them.

Enjoy the Forum.

Salut Vincent!
A very warm welcome here.
Acajou = mahogany (you'll see it mentioned in many threads about members' new ukes, and in the marketplace here).

Thank you all for your welcome !
Kenn2018 : Space agency, that's it !
Ms Bean : Sorry for mahogany translation, I wrote too fast. :)

Bienvenue sur UU Vincent!

Couldn't help myself but to read your message with the nice "singing" southern French accent once I saw you were from Toulouse :)
I'm originally from Belgium but please don't read this with the Belgian accent :D

Cool job, maybe you'll get to meet Thomas Pesquet one day!

I am sure you will find a lot of helpful information, especially regarding building ukuleles.

Thomas

Thank you Boblaglande ;)
About the singing southern French accent, being originally from generations, I'm said to get it pronouced :)
When I was younger, it almost bothered me, today it's more of an advantage, especially when you move to the North of France, and especially to Paris. A pronounced "chocolatine" with a Toulouse accent in Paris has its little effect in the bakery.

About Thomas Pesquet, I will probably see him one day, at least at the Toulouse Stadium.
He's a partner of my favorite rugby teams : le stade toulousain (to be pronouced stade toulousaingggg) and I'm not desperate to go back and see them play one day again.

Bye
Vincent

Welcome to UU Vincent. My favorite motorcycles are Triumph and Victory. My favorite scooter is Vespa.

Welcome. Always thought Ducati were kinds special. Not a bike guy at all, breathed a sigh of relief when son sold is GSX 750. And again when he sold his Harley. Your English is fine, and you don't want to see my French. After Ballet and Chandelier it gets really bad. Look forward to seeing some of builds posted with pics.

Top Bottom