New Banjo Uke for $35.00 : )

It does not seem to say or show measurements for scale length?

Nut to body rim is 10.6" so maybe it is soprano?

Scrolling down to where it says "23" concert banjo ukulele" does not jive with the 26" overall length shown in photos.

Red flags for me.

Description and photos does not seem to match, leaves me questioning the overall build and QC, thus hard pass.

But Jerry, thanks for looking out and sharing this here.

The photoshopped “instrument” is a compelling touch....

BE6CCE79-C050-4BB3-AB1F-8E949319F63A.jpg

Jerry, will you be taking one for the team...? :confused: :)

~ S.

Seeing this line makes me nervous:
DUE TO THE OUTBREAK, THE STORE IS ABOUT TO MOVE DUE TO FUNDS, THE GOODS ARE AUCTIONED FOR A LIMITED TIME, AND THE QUANTITY IS SOLD OUT.

If you go to their home site, you don't see this item even listed. Kind of bizarre. It would be temping as a junker, but I don't trust the site.

All the way at the bottom on the right where it says “powered by Shoplazza” is a link to the parent page...

https://shoplazza.com/

I would definitely not give them any payment information...

Scooter

I'm new to uke, not at all new to stringed instruments. Compared to guitars, banjos, mandolins and fiddles, all ukuleles are dirt cheap. I've learned many years ago that cheapie-cheap instruments do nothing but interfere with learning and enjoying an instrument.

We all know what a decent instrument should cost, and which builders are building them. I stay away from anything that appears "too good to be true" because experience shows it is.

I also don't like unnecessarily adding to landfills. Even if the financial cost is minimal - even if something is free - I don't want to get a "musical-instrument-shaped-object" that I'm just going to toss because of its poor quality.

All the way at the bottom on the right where it says “powered by Shoplazza” is a link to the parent page...

https://shoplazza.com/

I would definitely not give them any payment information...

Scooter

O ye of little faith! Don't you trust your fellow man? ;)

It's $40, and if the uke doesn't come through, PayPal will refund me.

And every scammer in the world will know your payment information. Get life lock or something like it before buying. I would rather help a Nigerian Princess get her inheritance money out of Nairobi

Last edited:
Top quality I would assume at that price.

O ye of little faith! Don't you trust your fellow man? ;)

It's $40, and if the uke doesn't come through, PayPal will refund me.

:smileybounce:

I look forward to the NUD post and your review! Any chance you got a tracking number? You could post location updates.

Scooter

:smileybounce:

I look forward to the NUD post and your review! Any chance you got a tracking number? You could post location updates.

Scooter

You mean from one town in China to another? :D

At $5.00 for shipping, I doubt there will be a tracking number.

Top Bottom