SOTU 469 Friends and Neighbours

The Moody Blues got sick of each other and took several years off in the '70s. The record company was bugging Justin Hayward to issue some music, so in 1975 he and John Lodge put out an album called "Blue Jays", which included the song "Remember Me (My Friend)".

The video I did for the very first Season of the Ukulele was made on Feb. 8, 2012. That means we have now begun the 10th year of the Seasons!

For Season 469....another "Friends In Low Places"

Another Tenor banjo modified to a bari banjolele with nylons
but no socks !! DGBE.

Couldn't think of a song about neighbors so I went out of my comfort zone and did a rap/rock cover.

The Moody Blues got sick of each other and took several years off in the '70s. The record company was bugging Justin Hayward to issue some music, so in 1975 he and John Lodge put out an album called "Blue Jays", which included the song "Remember Me (My Friend)".

The video I did for the very first Season of the Ukulele was made on Feb. 8, 2012. That means we have now begun the 10th year of the Seasons!

That's a long, long time for this post. I'm so glad to be a part of this.

And here you go! The theme from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, with double the bunny-head!

Mr. Roger's Neighborhood is one of the all-time great and most beloved children's shows, teaching kindness, emotional intelligence, and imagination.

Mr. Rogers was not a SEAL or a sniper. He was an accomplished pianist and wrote all of the lyrics and melodies to the show's music then handed them off to jazz pianist Johnny Costa to arrange and play. Costa refused to do "kiddie" music, and Rogers agreed that kids deserved real jazz

Last edited:
John Holt wrote this rocksteady song about probably-not-his-favorite neighbor. Massive Attack's trip hop version is beautiful, too.

Seriously rough, but I didn't want to miss the deadline. One take attempt of Stephen Foster's Vive la compagnie.
Drinking, as singing is better with friends:

I now declare Season 469 officially over (more than ... sorry!) Thanks so much to Jo, Ralf and Sabine for your contributions ... I will update the Playlist. The Wrap will follow in a few days. Meanwhile, very many thanks to all my friends who brought such lovely stuff to the week!

And here is the much-awaited (?) wrap for the week. No prizes this time, I'm afraid, but I have made a video, which is dedicated to you all and there are lots of shout-outs. The film I used is called "Just Neighbours" (1919), and, as the title suggests, it illustrates all the perils of neighbourly relationships. (The original ended on a happy note with the neighbours reconciling over the rescue of a toddler; my version tends towards highlighting the gratuitous violence ... it is the "Reservoir Dogs" of Wraps!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom