Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: SOTU 469 Friends and Neighbours

thank you for this week Val.
    an original song for the season i just wrote + played.

And good morning from deepest France! Very many thanks to Del, Jim, Andy and Jon, whose contributions came in "overnight." I will update the Playlist after breakfast. (It's very COLD here this morning and the Internet is a bit frozen.) I am looking forward to LOADS more songs today!
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

on Sunday i put up a 'friends' song by Lennon/McCartney, today i'll put up a 'neighbours' song by, in my opinion, an even better British songwriter, Ray Davies

Hi Val! Maybe stretching the theme somewhat but here's an original about cronyism that came to me this afternoon.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Facebook

YouTube

This is a bang up to date topical song, written in 1953 by Tom Lehrer, about being nice and sharing things with you friends.

- Edwin

No one's done this yet? Guess I have to break the seal. Speaking of broken, man, Garth Brooks can shred some vocal chords ...

The site truncates my signature so I can't tell you

Robert Johnson's "When You Got A Good Friend". Soprano Uke.

SOTU 469 - "TO FIND A FRIEND," by Tom Petty (1994) was featured on the great "Wildflowers" album. Kevin is playing steel string baritone. I played my Kanile'a super tenor. This one was really fun to sing.

Well, thank you all for today's splendid contributions! The time has come to retire from public life here, so I will bid you goodnight and bring yet another "neighbour" cartoon (I KNOW you really want one! Actually, why is it so much more difficult to find "friend" cartoons?) ...

Birkett-Cartoons-Punch-1982-11-10-767.jpg
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Thread Information